When we went to the mall before this I bought the girls these cute nightgowns from the Disney Store. Ballerina chose the one with Tinkerbell on it and Sweetie wanted the one with the "Princess and the Froggie."
I had a great birthday. My mom sent me a check (which will be used towards buying a new tent for our family camping trip this summer), my sister sent me a gift card to Target, and Handsome Husband's grandma sent me a certificate for a pound of See's candy (yum!), and his mom gave me a picture frame that says "I [heart] My Mommy." Handsome Husband gave me a beautiful WillowTree statue of a mom holding a little boy with their foreheads touching and he also surprised me with a GPS. So on Saturday we took the kids for a drive to Fred Meyer to try out our GPS. The girls LOVE seeing the map and the blue car driving on the road. When we got to Fred Meyer, Handsome Husband opened his car door and we could hear a loud hissing noise. Looking closer, there was a rusty RAZOR embedded in the back tire and air was RUSHING out. So we hopped back in the car and tried to make it home before all the air escaped. We made it to our neighborhood and pulled up in front of my friend M's house which was slightly less of a drive. I knocked on the door and asked her husband to help with the tire. Turns out the spare was flat too!!!! And we discovered that we were missing a part to our jack. I walked the kids home and Handsome Husband called the tow truck to get the car taken to a repair shop (which was closed for the weekend). So our van was out of commission for church. Handsome Husband pushed the stroller and walked with the kids to church. I drove his car (because what woman would want to walk a mile in Sunday shoes if she didn't have to?). I was going to bring Ballerina with me since I had her booster seat, but she wanted to walk. As I drove past Handsome Husband I saw him pull his phone out of his pocket to call me.
"Your front tire is flat."
Seriously. It was. In less than 24 hours we had a flat on each car. So during church, Handsome Husband recruited the missionaries to help him put on his (thankfully, NOT FLAT) spare tire amid a little rain.
We now have a new tire on the van and a whole new set of tires on the PT Cruiser. Thank heavens we just got a check from our homeowners' insurance from the settlement on our claim for the kitchen floor! That must not have been a coincidence. Thanks to God for looking out for our family.
3 comments:
Oh Erika I feel your pain. LOL
Last year I told my husband that I thought I should get the tires changed on the car (I might add that we are a 1 car family). He said I will do it next weekend. I told him fine but that it really needed to be done so just make sure that it does. Well it didn't and the next Friday I was driving home from the gym and low and behold I get a flat. I am standing there by the side of a very busy road with my daughter in back in rage as I called my husband to find out what I should do. He said you will just have to figure out how to change it. I burst into tears and hung up the phone. A really nice Man pulled up and offered to change it for me. He puts the spare on but it is flat. So he pulls it off drives to a station fills it up and comes back and puts it on again. Then he followed me to the nearest walmart to make sure that I was ok so I could get a whole new set of tires. 2 weeks later the whole car dies and we haven't driving it since. LOL We are waiting to get a little extra cash to fix the transmission and have it as a second car because we just figured that it was a really old car and we just bought one from the mission home so we would have a good reliable car. Sorry that you had to go through that. I really do feel your pain.
Wow, I think Natalie's story just trumped ours! Yikes, that is terrible.
I am glad you like your GPS and that the girls love it so. It was truly a blessing to receive additional money at the same time of having significant expenses.
We are truly blessed, and having some of these painful experiences seem to help build our faith and gratitude.
That is sooo funny and yet so not! Isn't adult life fun to figure out? :)
Post a Comment