Monday, May 10, 2010

Baking and Planting

Ballerina has been bugging me for two days to make cookies. And she wanted to make sugar cookies so she could use the cookie cutters. We made them while Sweetie was napping.Captain Adorable enjoyed sampling the cookie dough.
Ballerina got to the point that she could roll out the dough and cut out the cookies all by herself. I was pretty proud of her.
Funny thing is that she doesn't LIKE them. We ended up donating a batch to a homeless shelter along with the meal planned by my Relief Society. Sweetie was SO excited to wake up from her nap to cookies. She ate two and then cried when I wouldn't let her have three.

When Handsome Husband came home he prepped our square foot garden and had the kids help him plant the seeds.
We planted corn, lettuce, zucchini, green beans, chives and peas.

3 comments:

Cpt Naykid said...

Too funny! Normally the point in baking is to eat the finished product. But Ballerina just likes the baking! She might love making food someday. Hopefully she will broaden her horizons and actually taste what she makes :)

I am excited for fresh garden food. Speaking of which, can we cook up that corn on the cobb? hmmmmm.

V said...

I really like the first picture (of Ballerina's hand & the dough) and the picture from above. Artistic.

Scott and Katy Adams said...

Your girls have the most beautiful hair! Saidee is just finally starting to get her hair. She will be two in less then a month!