The other day Ballerina was so exhausted. She was being SUPER cranky and we put her in the blue room to have her fit. She was crying and saying, "I want to live somewhere else!" Eventually, she calmed down and I came in to find her here:
Asleep. She woke up in a MUCH better mood.
Ballerina loves to dress Captain Adorable up. Here he is wearing "boy bracelets," "a boy necklace," and a "boy hat." Not sure how boyish it really is...
When Summer and her kids came over for a play date, I made Summer hold Captain Adorable for me so I could plant the flowers in my flower boxes. Then she took a picture for me.
It looks so nice! Ballerina has been doing a great job of watering our garden every day. Since we have had a sunny week, we are already getting sprouts! I can see lettuce, corn, beans, and peas already peeking up through the soil. It is so exciting to grow a garden! Ballerina discovered some rollie pollies and has been holding them hostage, calling them her pets. She has collected grass for food and I gave her a rotting strawberry for them to eat. She is so excited to check on her "pets" every day. She had three at one point and gave one to Sweetie. They are so cute, carrying their little cups around with their bugs inside. Ballerina is not a friend to all bugs, however. When Sweetie put a slug in her cup, Ballerina protested, scooped it out and smashed it. Slugs are gross.
Yesterday Ballerina found a new container of Clorox wipes. She opened it and started to wipe every surface in her room. Then she came and told me she cleaned her room. I had bought the wipes to teach her to clean her bathroom. So since she was so gung-ho about using them, I took a minute to show her how to wipe down her bathroom counters and sink. I am really enjoying her cleaning kick.
Sweetie is addicted to the TV. She has figured out how to switch DVDs, so once one show is over she can pop a new one in. And while she is my book lover and puzzle-doer and coloring queen, she is also a couch potato. She can get obsessive about things. Sweetie also likes things she can depend on. She loves routine. She knows what happens in the mornings and at night. She knows that before I will go downstairs in the morning I will go and take my medicine and get dressed. She knows that before she goes to bed she will get a drink from the elephant cup. In fact, any time she is tired, she will tell me she needs to take a drink from the elephant cup. If she is fighting going to bed, I just have to suggest a drink from the elephant cup and she'll come around. Sweetie is also a classic three year old girl who LOVES pretty princesses. She likes when she gets to wear pretty dresses or shoes. If I bring out a particularly lovely outfit she will fawn over it and say, "Boo-iful!" She likes to pretend to be a "pitty p'incess" but she also has a perfect 'bad guy' cackle. And she is totally fine playing the bad guy when Ballerina wants to be the princess. And she loves the movie Princess and the Frog. Like I said: she's addicted to the TV.
Ballerina is trying to get Cpt. Adorable addicted as well. She has set up a little movie on my mp3 player for them to watch together:

2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND!!!! We hope you are having a great day!
Yes, Ballerina needs more naps than she takes. It is always a much better day after she naps.
Great job on our flower boxes! A very pretty assortment. When I go to stores now, I see such high prices for flowers, when we got all of ours for $10!
I am so impressed with how well Ballerina plays with Cpt A. She really loves babies and will be thrilled to be a mom someday.
Post a Comment