You can't stay at a hotel with a pool without taking a dip. We bought this floaty swimsuit for Cpt. Adorable at a garage sale. It was a little too big for him so he ended up in just his swim diaper once we got to the pool.

You could see the pool and the ocean from our room. We even saw some whales out in the water!

Sweetie had a great time in the kiddie pool. I bought these yellow floaty suits for the girls on clearance last year. They came in handy for this trip.

Sweetie and her cousin A playing together.

With the suit and the arm floaties, Ballerina could navigate on her own through the pool. She was VERY independent in the water. I'm glad we had taken the kids to the community pool two times previously (on Handsome Husband's birthday and on our anniversary) to get the kids used to swimming. They had a wonderful time.

Papa J had his arms full with the little cousins.

Ballerina did try swimming without her floaties and she insisted that she could do it, but she ended up getting one too many mouthfuls of water and wanted to go in pretty quickly afterwards.

I normally don't go swimming, but once I was out in the cool breeze, the water felt SO good and warm. Captain Adorable loved floating around with me. Handsome Husband was out in the water with us as well.

After swimming, while Sweetie napped and Handsome Husband took Ballerina to play at the arcade, I took Cpt. A to the outlet mall and spent too much money on some awesome deals at the Children's Place. I picked up two new shirts for Handsome Husband at Aeropostle. Later Handsome Husband took Sweetie to the beach so she could dig in the sand while he read a book. After this kids went to bed we watched a movie with Handsome Husband's mom and played a game of Ticket to Ride with his dad.
1 comment:
i have always loved swimming, and I think the girls have caught that fishy desire too. I look forward to teaching them to swim and having fun in pools. Water parks are really a blast.
The weather was truly fabulous for the Oregon coast. Rarely do we receive that nice of weather.
Post a Comment