Monday, May 17, 2010

Oscar

"I'm just cleaning up your books," I hear Ballerina say to Sweetie while they are up in their room.

I turned to Handsome Husband, smiled and said, "GOOD story!"

The other night Handsome Husband made up a story about a monster named Oscar who LOVED messes (I'm sure he was thinking of Oscar the Grouch). He told Ballerina that Oscar would come into their room because it was so messy and he'd want to live there and slobber all over their toys. She said she would punch him and make him go away and Handsome Husband explained that the only thing that would scare Oscar away would be a clean room. So they cleaned up the girls' room and it has been SPOTLESS for days since. I hear Ballerina say, "Sweetie, this room is a mess. We need to clean it up." She is determined to keep Oscar away. He lives in Dirtyland and she wants him to stay there.

4 comments:

Scott and Katy Adams said...

Yikes! Is she scared of him? I heard about a fairy that just comes and takes the toys that are left out.

Cpt Naykid said...

Goooo Oscar! No she is definitely not scared of him. But she loves imaginary things. I was happily surprised that this story caught on so well. Sometimes she isn't that motivated to clean. When there are a few things or piles, she can do it by herself. But when it is a serious disaster, she has no motivation. Helping her clean will definitely need to be a process, and an ongoing cleaning. If she waits more than a day, she loses will.

Wow, there are a serious amount of new posts these days :)

Jeana said...

brilliant perhaps he will have to reiterate that story when my boys are there visiting next week...if only that worked with them... who knows. :)

rachel said...

Haha! I love it! Soph had her cousins over Sunday night and she said, "My room's a mess!" She wouldn't go to sleep until we cleaned it! Not to say that we don't have our moments of refusing to help and clean! I like this story. We will use it if needed. She is very much into monsters and scary things! :)