Friday, May 7, 2010

D River Beach

It was a GORGEOUS day at the beach. One of the best beach days we've ever had at the Oregon Coast. All you needed was a light jacket. I kept Captain Adorable's hood up because I couldn't find his sun hat.Captain Adorable liked the rocks.
Handsome Husband took each girl individually to collect sea shells. I think that a beach is like a brand new Easter egg hunt every day.
At first Ballerina did NOT want to go to the beach. She did not want sand in her shoes. She got over it as soon as she realized we were just there to dig in the sand.I love this one:
Sweetie likes to smash the sand castles. I had to keep her from smashing Ballerina's. (Just past Sweetie is one of the new flip flops I bought at Children's Place.)
Ballerina put a sea shell on each point of her castle walls.
The boys chillin'.
Handsome Husband helps Cpt. Adorable get used to the feel of sand. He buried Cpt. A's little feet in it.
Sweetie really liked filling the molds with sand, so the castle became a joint effort.
And Cpt. Adorable ate some sand. He actually had a few mouthfuls. I think he liked it...Yep, he liked it.
Cpt Adorable was bugging Handsome Husband so Handsome Husband put his hat on Cpt. A.
I hung out with Sweetie while she chucked rocks into the stream. She only wanted the biggest rocks she could find.
I kept worrying that she'd drop one on her head or foot.
Ballerina puts the final touches on her sandcastle.
Ballerina specifically looked for crab shells to put in the middle of her sand castle. She found three (really small ones) so there was a king, a queen and a princess.
We stayed for about two hours.

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Such wonderful cute pictures!!! Looks like the perfect day. I once found a whole sand dollar at a beach in Oregon, still have it it is on my bathroom counter.

Cpt Naykid said...

That is a lot of pics in two hours :).

There is something about beach pictures that just makes you want to go back to the beach....how soon should we return??

I love the pic with the rock in mid air as Sweetie threw it. And I must take some credit for the good pic I took of Ballerina standing with her castle. I like the shots along the sand. It makes her look so tall.

rachel said...

I am so jealous that you are close to the beach! Hey, we'll be close to an east coast beach in a year!! Can't wait! I love all the pictures!!