Friday, May 21, 2010

Airport Field Trip

Today was the last preschool field trip of the year. We headed to the local airport and the kids were SO excited.
They got to sit inside a plane.
Ballerina was all about wearing these goofy glasses. Apparently, she'd worn them all during preschool yesterday as well.I LOVE this picture! It totally captures Sweetie's great love for noise.
We got to see a helicopter land. It was close enough that we felt the wind created by it.
Then the kids got to climb inside a helicopter.
The weather held so we could see the outdoor air craft. But it has been wet and cold the past few days.
Here is Ballerina and her best friend, M.
We went inside the hangar and they got to get into an even bigger helicopter.
The kids were very entertained with the mirror on the helicopter.
Sweetie didn't want to get into any of the aircraft. She is pouting a little here because an adult told her no when she was shaking that green rope. (Cpt. A stayed in the stroller the whole time)
I think the kids had a lot of fun. Ballerina kept asking when we were going to ride a plane again (like when we flew to Utah). I think we might be flying for Christmas. It was a fun activity to do on my birthday.

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

What a fantastic field trip! I am so jealous they got to see and ride in the helicopter. Very cool.

I love that you captured some of Sweetie's 3 yr old tantrums/reactions. She hates noise and is deathly afraid of the vacuum cleaner because of it. When scolded, she can melt and cry anywhere. It will be interesting to see how she matures, because she has always been sensitive. And even though she will mature, she will likely maintain her sensitivity.

I love that Ballerina continues to grow in knowledge, understanding, and intelligence. She is growing and learning so much. I love how smart she is.

That is impressive that Cpt A stayed in the stroller the whole time. He is such a blessing of a baby.