This was in my kitchen. I was sitting right at my computer when I heard the pop and the rushing of water. It was mainly going outside of the house, but some seeped inside right where my computer sits on the ground. I picked it up immediately, called for help and starting trying to mop it all up! As I was frantically doing this Baby Dragon came over and said, "Mom, what's happening to us?" I basically shooed her away and she went back to playing with the friend I was babysitting. The water company came and shut off my water, but the laminate floors are ruined. We couldn't get a plumber until the next day because everyone else's pipes were bursting. We now know how to flush out pipes out so this won't happen again. Our home owner's insurance will help us get the big hole fixed and get the flooring fixed. Hopefully it didn't go under our kitchen cupboards because I REALLY don't want those torn out in order to get everything dried up to prevent mold.
3 comments:
Oh I am so sorry!! Hope it can all get fixed soon.
What is that that was in the pipe?
ICE
I am SO sorry; it's so frustrating when things like this happen and throw some of your financial goals for a loop.
Totally not related: your family picture on your banner is SO adorable. What a beautiful family.
Post a Comment