Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Dragon!

Baby Dragon is FIVE! This morning she told me she didn't have any clean pants, so I told her there was a present for her in my bathroom. It was a gift bag with a new birthday outfit. She was VERY excited. She thanked me for thinking of her and then she went downstairs and made me a bead necklace because she was thinking of me too. SO SWEET!
Then I curled her hair. Curling hair with a flat iron is a little difficult. Just so you know. I burned my finger. She was pretty fidgety for the last 12 curls, but the end result was GORGEOUS.
We had her birthday party at a local pizza parlor that has a big play structure in it.
Handsome Husband took an extended lunch break from work to be there.

Here Baby Dragon is grinning at her cake (she got to put all the candles in where ever she wanted).
Blowing out the candles (I love how Sweetie is blowing too, I totally did that as a kid):
Everyone got lollipops.
Then they all went back and played on the play structures. They had a little carousel that went on with the flip of a switch.
Sweetie kept running out of the play area to look at this horse. She wanted to ride it.
Captain Adorable was his happy little self. He was great, aside from spitting up all over my friend, Summer.
Here Baby Dragon is pretending to be a cat:
I LOVE this picture:
Sweetie looks so intense here. She totally wore herself out and literally put herself to bed when we got home.
After playing for a bit we had Baby Dragon open presents. She really LOVES this Tinkerbell music jewelry box from her friend in the purple shirt:
The boy in the foreground of this picture is absolutely IN LOVE with Baby Dragon. He was the one who proposed to her and kissed her. Apparently, he told his grandfather that Baby Dragon was the prettiest girl in the world and that she needed the Princess sticker book because she was prettier than all the princesses.
When he comes to play his parents give him a warning that he can't talk about getting married and he can't kiss her. The last time he was over Baby Dragon came and tattled on him that he was asking her to marry him and that they were too young. He said, "I meant when we're older!" Hilarious!
Baby Dragon about died when she got this unicorn. She LOVES unicorns and always tells stories about them and dreams about them. She has a couple other stuffed animal unicorns, but she was SO excited to add this one to her collection.
This book is about ballerinas and Baby Dragon thinks that she is a ballerina, so of course she was ecstatic.
Then there were shoes from me. How exciting.
But this harmonica was a HUGE hit. She saw it at the store, I bought it for her birthday and when she opened it she said, "I wanted this!"
Apparently, Max from the show Max and Ruby has a harmonica. I should have known. She idolizes Max because he is naughty.
Baby Dragon fell asleep on the way home, but woke up ready to play with her new toys. She did have a little fight with Sweetie over a new puzzle that she got from a friend. You know how Sweetie is about puzzles. I measured her and she's only grown about 3/4 of an inch this year, I could have sworn it was more-- she seems so tall!

This afternoon I asked her what she wanted to do with me for her birthday. She said she wanted to DUST! Silly girl. So we dusted upstairs. Then she wanted to play a game, so we tried to play the new Fancy Nancy card game that Handsome Husband got her. She ended up making her own rules for it. This evening we gave her the (pink!) Leapster 2 that my mom got for her. Baby Dragon LOVES it and was very excited to play with it. She loves games on the computer, so it's like having her very own computer in her hands. She calls it her "work." She got a phone message with her Grandma L singing her Happy Birthday. And right before bed we all said something that we loved about Baby Dragon. I think she had a great birthday.

6 comments:

Ariana Rose said...

I LOVE the age 5! It looks like the best 5th birthday a girl could ask for!
I love how you did her hair- she looks like a little princess.

The boy asking her to marry him is cute, and saying she's the prettiest girl the world is sweet.

I love her birthday outfit.

Emmy said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday! And hey, she should be happy already has the boys proposing ;)

Jeana said...

What a fun day! This is the age where they actually start remembering memories like this and you created it perfectly for her. I LOVE the hair!! So sorry you got burned while doing it. She looks so ecstatic in these pictures. Its crazy to believe our 'babies' are getting so big. She looks so grown up!

V said...

I agree with Jeana (BD will remember this.) Happy birthday Baby Dragon!

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Love the curled hair! And the new header pic is very cute!! Happy Birthday Baby Dragon! (hey, that's the title of your post... how original am I?)

Cbayley said...

Not only will BD remember how special her 5th birthday was, she will have your stories to read too. You're such an amazing mom for all your kids, you are truly a blessed family!