Saturday, December 12, 2009

4 Months Old!

Captain Adorable is 4 months old! I have decided that having a new baby around the holidays is a poor choice. The time just whips right by and your baby grows up too fast!!!!
Captain Adorable has really gotten interested in the toys that hang on his car seat and over his play mat. He has gotten pretty good at batting at them and grabbing them. He's fallen asleep under the toys after playing with them. He LOVES laying on his back. If he gets fussy while I'm holding him, he tends to calm down if I just lay him on his back on a blanket! He is just starting to roll to his side.
Captain Adorable spits up a lot. We always have a bib on him and we always have a burp cloth with us. But, it is so great to have a smiley baby. He always greets me with a grin. I love this stage! The cutest thing is that he laughs when I pull his arms out of his clothes when I'm changing his outfits. He laughs when you tickle his ribs, kiss his neck, or play peek a boo.

He sleeps best in his crib so we've been using his swing less and less. He is still sleeping through the night. He loves to suck on his hands and has been finding his thumb more and more these days. He also likes to suck on his burp cloths (gross!). His clogged tear duct cleared up this month, so that's nice.

Overall, he's a great baby. He does cry a lot if he's overtired and we don't put him to bed early enough. But it's so easy to just love him, even through all the crying. I love carrying him around, although he's getting so heavy! Handsome Husband weighed him and he's around 16 pounds! We need to move him into size 3 diapers because he's having too many blowouts.

I love, love, love my little Captain Adorable!

1 comment:

Summer said...

haha- Love the bib! What a happy little kid!