Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sugar Cookies

Once the fans were gone we decorated cookies to get the Christmas feel back. It's also been a while since I've actually tried to take some pictures in manual mode, so here I am attempting to be slightly artistic with my pictures. I love looking at this blog because of the AWESOME pictures she takes. She totally inspires me and I WISH I were that good and I WILL take her class one of these days. Anyway, cookies...
I should not have been surprised that Sweetie would be so into decorating cookies. It is like coloring, but not.
It even held Baby Dragon's attention longer than I thought it would. Both girls did at least 3 or 4 cookies a piece. Yes! We have reached the golden age of cookie decorating!Sweetie is eying the frosting.She used/ate almost all of our yellow frosting.
And we thank Grandma J for the aprons and the cookie recipe. They turned out JUST like I remembered.
They were so mellow and happy to be decorating! We need to do more projects!
We used chocolate chips, sprinkles and cinnamon dots to decorate. Any other suggestions for sugar cookie toppings?
Captain Adorable woke up from his nap and joined us.
Which led to an impromptu photo shoot. He was so accommodating.
Baby Dragon was all sticky.
Sweetie was excited with her blue snowflake. All of her cookies were smothered in frosting. She wanted to do BOTH sprinkles AND chocolate chips, but I reined her in.
Captain Adorable stole the show again.
Baby Dragon decided she was all done and she wanted to play with the baby.
Tickling his toes.
Sweetie just kept on decorating.
Baby Dragon is still pretty in love with Captain Adorable. She's pretty good at entertaining him. I LOVE this picture:

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love your pictures:) Cpt A. has such a sweet smile

Emmy said...

Beautiful pictures! I love his smiles, so cute. Decorating sugar cookies is one of our favorite things to do.

Cpt Naykid said...

SO I finallly checked out the blog you rave about, pretty good pics. I think you also do a great job.

Does BD have some of my expressions? I think Sweetie has more of yours. It is fabulous that BD loves playing with Cpt A so much. She was just laughing at him last night saying he was talking, I didn't see what she was talking about. But I loved that they were both so happy.