Sunday, July 19, 2009

Puzzle Time

Sweetie has a new obsession to add to her book reading. Puzzles. She is two and a half and has mastered these puzzles meant for kids three and up. The first day that she figured them out she spent THREE hours at the kitchen table doing puzzles. I tried to get her to take a break for a nap and she SCREAMED in her room for 10 or 15 minutes straight for her puzzles. This is so out of character for her! She normally doesn't fight nap time! I let her come down and she did her puzzles through her nap time. She didn't want to get down to play in the pool in the backyard. She took about a half hour break to run around with her friends that were over, but then spent another hour doing puzzles. SWEETIE LOVES PUZZLES. To get her to take a nap I have had to put her in bed with a puzzle. Most of the time she'll just fall asleep without touching it, but then she'll wake up and put it together. When she finishes one she says, "I did it!" Then when she's finished the stack (we have 5) she'll say, "More puzzles, Mom?" And I'll tell her to go ahead.
I believe she will be the one that I'll have to be careful with her spending HOURS on the computer or something. She can really get into her project or obsession. HMMMMM, she must have gotten it from me... I can do the same thing.
I love these pictures of her with the cold glass of water.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a smart girl! She is so cute:)

V said...

I love that she is both enjoying herself and developing her mind at the same time. You gotta love that!

Cpt Naykid said...

I think it is great that Sweetie is good at spending her time learning while playing. She is great at coloring, reading, doing puzzles, etc. She is growing quickly and is a fast, determined learner. BD is good at teaching her the creative side of the world, so that isn't a problem. Now we just need BD to watch Sweetie and learn some of her side of the world.

I still think it is hilarious that our two girly girls love to wrestle!

Ariana Rose said...

She's smart. And cute! And determined. lol
It's cute that she wants her puzzles in bed with her.
And I like the cold water pictures, too :)