The second day of our family reunion we had a "hoe down" at my in-laws house. They have 5 acres of land and a huge house (designed specifically for when we all get together). My father-in-law made up a treasure hunt for each family which took us all over his property. At the end was a bag with some fun toys for the kids, a frisbee, an American flag and a Gospel Art Book. We were also assigned another family member to "get-to-know" throughout the day. The kids had a great time trying to learn each other's favorite colors and foods.
Afterwards Handsome Husband and his brothers put on some water relay races. Baby Dragon did a great job taking her turn running her water back and forth. Sweetie watched for the first round and then she got her own cup and ran back and forth to put water in the bucket, but she didn't wait in line, she just went back and forth the whole time. But by the time she got to the other side each time there were only a few drops of water left in her cup!
Here's Handsome Husband being the cool uncle:
We had a tasty meal of dutch oven meals outdoors on the picnic tables. I didn't have a dutch oven so I made a bunch of corn bread. For dessert we had cobbler with home made ice cream. We sang some songs and some of the nieces and nephews showed off some talents. Two of the nieces did some clogging and Baby Dragon went up to them afterward and said, "I didn't know that you could dance so good!" She is starting to get pretty interested in dancing.
2 comments:
What a fun reunion! Sounds like you have a fun family.
Great pictures. My husband has the exact same BYU hat, though I may have told you that already ;)
I thought the "hoe down day" was fabulous. All the kids loved it, we spent lots of time outside, the food was so tasty, the dessert....yummmm. It was a great day and I loved every part.
Honey, I am glad you enjoy sitting on the side lines and watching/taking pictures. I definitely prefer to get in on the action. Just let me know if you want more action.
Love you!
Post a Comment