Monday, July 27, 2009

A Fun Weekend

This weekend we went to Handsome Husband's work party. My little sister, The Youngest, is in town visiting so she came along. We celebrated her 17th birthday with her earlier this week and Baby Dragon has just adored spending time with her.

The park that the work party was held at was very cool. It had random stations with fountain soda drinks. A few water fountains that spouted lemonade. There was an all-you-can-eat hot dog stand (thank heavens for that, it kept the kids fed!). There was a little man-made lake with paddle boats. I love this picture of Sweetie getting all suited up.
I didn't ride because there was no way I'd be able to paddle with my feet with my big belly in the way! Sweetie was happy, even though she doesn't look like it!
Baby Dragon was having the time of her life.All done!Sweetie loved that The Youngest was always offering to hold her since I keep telling her that I can't carry her anymore.There was a was a kids' maze.Which led to a pirate ship. Notice the cute dresses, my mom made them for the girls and sent them with The Youngest. They are too cute!Here I am at 37 weeks. Full Term!After lunch we had a great time at the pool. It was one of those wonderful pool that goes from zero to 2 feet. Then there was a barrier leading to a 3 1/2 foot deep section.
The Youngest showed Sweetie how to through water on the bronze turtle. It was super hot, so they were trying to cool it off. It was Sweetie's favorite thing to do.
I just love how she's giving this other kid a totally crusty look when he tried to play along with her.
We are a very white family. There is no hiding that in the pool...
Handsome Husband took Sweetie to the deeper side. It was much colder.
Sweetie is trying to get Handsome Husband to come to her. This is a totally classic gesture for her.
Handsome Husband is trying to get Sweetie to come to him. Again, classic with his wiggling fingers.
Handsome Husband won.
And lifted Sweetie up.
Baby Dragon had a great time with The Youngest.
Baby Dragon pretended that The Youngest was a pet bird.
Here she's riding her pet bird. (In the background there is Handsome Husband trying to entice Sweetie to come to him again)
This picture is so cute with The Youngest and Baby Dragon and then there's Sweetie in the background running from Handsome Husband.
I think the pet bird got in trouble.
Handsome Husband takes Sweetie to the cold side again and helps her swim.
Now Baby Dragon is pretending to be a dog, playing fetch.
It was a hot day, but the pool really helped us to cool off. It was a fun family day. We were all worn out by the time we got home.

6 comments:

Emmy said...

What a fun day! And once again cute pictures.

mel said...

This makes me so nostalgic. They've had the party there for ages and we used to go every year with my dad. It's a great fun place and I'm glad you guys were able to go.

V said...

Awesome work party!
I've never heard of lemonade fountatins or all-you-can-eat hotdog stands.

Samurai Mom said...

What park was that company party at?

Erika said...

It's at Alderbrook Park up near Battleground.

Cpt Naykid said...

Oh I see how it is...showing off my chubs and whiteness...yet no pics of yours? Hmmm...well it is obvious I am in need of getting more "lean."

I am so glad the girls loved the park and the pool. They thoroughly enjoyed and tired themselves out.

Thanks for being willing to go, even with the belly!