Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Relaxing Day and a Girls' Night

The fourth day of the reunion was nice and low-key. The girls had a great time playing in Grandma and Papa's basement.
In the afternoon we went to visit the girls' great-grandmother and we ate lunch at a local diner with Papa. This diner had a MONKEY there! Crazy. The monkey decided to take a nap right around the time that we were eating. Afterwards we took the girls to the local park. It was SO hot! I didn't get many pictures because I didn't want to leave the shade!
I LOVE this picture. Sweetie is pouting because I didn't want her to go play in the sand after getting all wet.
Later that evening all the dads (and Papa) babysat the kids for us so we could have a little girls' night. It was also a cozy little baby shower for me. Had my sister-in-law Holly been able to come from Utah it would have been for her as well (she's due within a couple days of me). Here's the cute cake my sister-in-law Laura made. It's peanut butter and chocolate!
I asked for a meal shower which we'd done in the past for Laura, but since we were meeting in the evening they just brought the meals already made and ready for the freezer. I couldn't believe HOW MANY meals they brought! I am sooo grateful! They also brought some sweet gifts for Cpt. Adorable.
Laura and my sister-in-law Janalyn put together a few games where they guessed which of Handsome Husband or my attributes I'd prefer the baby to have. Then we tried to list the baby names of a whole bunch of animals. The last game was trying to make as many words as we could out of the baby's first and last name. I wish I had more pictures of everyone.

After the shower part of things my mother-in-law broke out a basket of pedicure supplies and we pampered our feet while eating chocolate cake and listening to relaxing music. It was a very nice and relaxing girls' night!

2 comments:

Cpt Naykid said...

Thank you to all my family for all the food you are providing for us! It is a wonderful blessing to have such a thoughtful family!

The gifts were great, and Erika loved some bonding time with my family.

Honey, I am so grateful you get along so well with my family. I love how open and relaxed you are with them.

V said...

I've never heard of a meal shower--I think it's brilliant. It makes it easier for you to be properly nourished/have more energy/create time & decrease stress so you can focus on little adorable.