Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Temple Square

We ducked out of the rain after the Children's Museum to eat at The Lion House.  The girls entertained themselves playing with some new toys.  Ballerina bought those stuffed animals with her birthday money.  She had her heart set on them the minute she saw them.Photobucket
The food was very tasty at the Lion House.
Photobucket
Captain Adorable approved of the mint truffle pie.
Photobucket
By the time we were done eating, the rain had cleared!  So we were able to really enjoy Temple Square.
Photobucket
There was a life sized, narrated nativity on display outside.
Photobucket
Photobucket
One thing my mom had her heart set on was having the kids go on a horse drawn carriage ride around temple square.
Photobucket
Sweetie was especially excited.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Our little family rode with Stefanie and Tayler.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sweetie kept telling the horse to go if it ever stopped for a light or traffic.  She loved riding on the edge.
Photobucket
I loved being able to see all the different views of the temple.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Captain Adorable fell asleep on the ride.  He was so tired.
Photobucket
After the carriage ride we walked around to see the lights. (And I discovered that I really need to learn how to use my speedlight properly....)
Photobucket

Photobucket
My dad took this shot of Handsome Husband and I.
Photobucket

Photobucket
The girls loved riding on their aunt and uncles' shoulders.
Photobucket
What newlyweds...
Photobucket
Love the nativity on the reflecting pond.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Trying to get all the kids to cooperate for a photo was just not going to happen.
Photobucket
Photobucket
My parents were married in this temple 31 years ago.
Photobucket
This was the best family shot we got.  I love how Sweetie is twisting out of my arms.
Photobucket
Sweetie loves her Papa.
Photobucket
It was a full day.  Thanks for the memories Grandma and Grandpa!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

Wow, I am amazed that all these posts only span one day in Utah! Yikes!

I love Cpt A with the pie!

Carriage ride was fun. glad the kids enjoyed it. Strange how some of the pics turned out good with the lights and others did not. Even after all those family shots, the lighting was still strange.

The kids were so ready to be done. But we did lots of fun things