Monday, December 27, 2010

Sledding and Trains

We met up with Jeana's family to go sledding.  Her parents live up the canyon and so we knew we'd be able to count on some good snow and sledding. We were not disappointed.Photobucket
It was so cute!  On the way to their house, we were all riding in the car and I suddenly heard Captain Adorable say, "GOOOO!!!"  I thought it was Sweetie at first because their voices are similar, but it was Capt A!  It was his first REALLY clear word.  I think he even surprised himself and he got really excited and he shouted "Go!" over and over again while pointing forward!  I think he really likes facing forward while riding in the car so he can see where we are headed.  Sweetie was ready to go right away.
Photobucket

Photobucket
My parents got this little sled for Captain Adorable and it was perfect.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We were surrounded by beautiful mountains.  It was so gorgeous.  Ever since we got off the plane, Sweetie has asked when we are going on the mountains.  She loved the idea of going up there and playing in all that snow.
Photobucket
Ballerina even got into sledding.  She had a great time as well.
Photobucket
Unfortunately, Captain Adorable was ready for a nap and so was I (from staying up too late playing games and reading a book with The Youngest).  So we napped at the house while everyone else went to sled on a bigger slope.  I was sad I missed out on the fun and now there aren't any pictures of it.  But I needed that nap so badly!
Photobucket
After sledding we went to a cute little restaurant in town that has trains everywhere.  There was a little train table for the kids and Captain Adorable loved it.
Photobucket

Photobucket
The best part was a train that traveled the perimeter of the restaurant up near the ceiling.  Captain Adorable got so excited every time it came around.  He would stop and point and say "OH!" and then he would sign train.  His little head would swivel around so he could watch it until it went out of sight.  So cute!
Photobucket
The kids had a great time catching up with their friends, playing in the snow and eating some tasty food.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

Yes, sledding was a blast and the girls loved it. Ballerina asked me to push her as fast as possible and she did great. At the large hill, she pouted when she crashed, but overall she did well. Sweetie was still a daredevil, but after a while she decided she was done.

The train restaurant was fun and the kids loved it. We will likely need to get a train table or something in the future :)