When I found out that David Archuleta was singing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir for their Christmas Concert and that I would be IN TOWN for it, I signed up for tickets. Tickets are free, but in order to decide who can get a ticket they do a drawing. I was the only one to get (4) tickets out of my mom, me, two of my sisters, and Jeana. So I ended up going with my sister Stefanie and Jeana and her sister while my parents babysat the kids. We rode the Trax to downtown Salt Lake City.
The concert was great. There were on pointe ballerinas dancing and David Archuleta's voice is even better live. We just sat and listened and sighed. Even though it makes my husband jealous, I think that David Archuleta's voice is like smooth, melted chocolate. We weren't supposed to take pictures inside the concert.
But I guess we are rule breakers...
We used Stef's camera with good zoom and took a few pictures of the jumbo-tron.

We snapped a few more pictures after the concert.
On the Trax ride home we sat by a guy who was returning from a 4 1/2 year deployment to Iraq and other places. He had gotten married four months before leaving and his wife had twins while he was gone. He has not returned home since leaving and now his twins are almost 4 years old! So he was on his way home to surprise them and MEET his kids! We just couldn't get over that. Couldn't wrap our heads around our 4 year olds not knowing their dads yet. I'm so grateful that my kids have a great relationship with their daddy. At the same time I'm also grateful to that marine for serving our country and giving up those precious years for the sake of others.

2 comments:
Erika you look really, really beautiful in all of these (and I love your headband too).
I am glad you got to see Archuleta perform. It is nice that it was free and you could do it with friends/family. I think it is a little funny how hard it was to find people to use the tickets. Normally it wouldn't be an issue!
Wow you weren't allowed to take pics? That is like asking you not to breathe! hehe. Notice that Stef's camera has a zoom?
Archuleta is a great singer. My only recommendation is for him to not close his eyes as much. Feels like he is singing to himself while in the shower.
Wow, four yrs and not knowing your kids? Time to find a new line of work.
Post a Comment