Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ballerina's Birthday

I brought cupcakes to Ballerina's school to celebrate her birthday. She was very excited.She is wearing her birthday outfit. She loves the pink BYU shirt.
She wanted to hand out all the cupcakes. They sang to her. She got two cupcakes because she is the birthday girl.
She also received an award for being responsible and safe (something they push at this school).
At home Ballerina wasn't having the best day because she felt like Ben and Sweetie were being mean to her. So I offered to have her help me make her cake and do a craft project from her Fairy book. She perked up and was excited about that. She designed the cake and I made it look just like she wanted. I didn't really have time to do a fancy Barbie cake this year, but she was happy enough with this one.
This is the face she makes if she thinks something is yucky. She puts her hand in front of her face and waves it in front of her nose like that. I was trying to get her to smile by suggesting she take a bath in worms. This was the resulting face.
And here she was just posing with her cake.
Time to blow out the candles!
We didn't have time to eat her cake. We left right away and dropped Captain Adorable off at a sitter and went to Ballerina's dance recital. Can I tell you how it was SO stressful? I couldn't find the white leotard that fit her, so she had to wear a bigger one. I could only find ONE pair of white tights and she got a HOLE in them while wearing them! It was a good thing Handsome Husband was at the store picking up flowers for her so I could tell him to grab some new tights! THEN I couldn't find her ballet slippers! I ended up asking Jeana to pick some up from the store for me on her way to the recital! I needed new ones for her anyway since she was growing out of her old ones so it worked out, it just made things so stressful! Anyway...
She smiled SO MUCH for Handsome Husband. She just LOVES it when he comes to watch her dance.
It was SUPER crowded. We ended up sitting on the floor and weren't in the best position, but I still ended up with some cute pictures.Because the audience was taking up some of the floor, the dancers seemed a little crowded.
This is what Ballerina does when she thinks something is funny or silly. She is pushing air between her teeth to laugh like Ernie from Sesame Street.
Here's the taffy pull part of the dance.
And my smiley little elf.
Ballerina didn't get to dance as long for her showcased number this time. And the red lights were WAY up.I just love when she dances to the last number. It must be one of her favorites because she seems to really feel the music with it.
At the end of the program, the teacher gave the girls little gifts. She also had the entire audience sing Happy Birthday to Ballerina.
Ballerina was super excited about the gift. It was a silver bell and chocolate.They posed for photos.
With flowers from Daddy.
Ben came to see her recital. (Sweetie did as well, but I'm in those pics and I refuse to post those, thanks to my bad hair day)
At home, Ballerina waited IMPATIENTLY for the big reveal of her ONE GIFT.
When she opened her eyes to see the dollhouse, she squealed "It's just what I always wanted!"
She was so excited. Handsome Husband picked it out and insisted that we get it for her. He spent a couple of nights assembling it for her.
I think it was perfect. She was excited that her new Barbie car would go with it.
Sweetie was pretty excited about it as well.
Then the kids FINALLY got to eat some cake.
It was a long, fun day for my little SIX YEAR OLD!
Happy Birthday, Ballerina!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Erika! What a perfect birthday for a little girl! All your kids are absolutely adorable! You must be a very proud mom!

Cpt Naykid said...

I absolutely love that her b-day outfit was a BYU shirt! haha...

I like the glow from the candles.

The recital was great. The costumes were gorgeous. Ballerina did a great job. There is definitely growth and learning from last recital.

Maybe the next adventure is sports.....? :)

Jeana said...

It was so fun being able to celebrate Ballerina's birthday WITH you this year instead of reading about it on your blog in another state... :) I love how the pictures turned out! The pictures of her before she blew out her cake are priceless. She looks SO beatiful and happy. Happy birthday Ballerina and thanks for letting us be a part of your celebration. You did a great job and your recital! Ben's favorite part was when you were an elf!

Out-Island Explorers said...

SIX!!!! WOW, I can't believe that. She's growing in to such a beautiful young lady! I know she comes by that honestly from her momma :) Your photos are wonderful as usual!