Sunday, December 19, 2010

Nertz!

One of our favorite family games is Nertz.  We love the speed and competition.  And most nights that we played I tended to dominate, so I got the family game winner trophy more than once.
Stefanie and Tayler especially liked to play Nertz.
We always beg my mom to play with us because she is so funny.  She gets really excited when she has a card to put in the middle and screams if someone takes it.  She is the only one that we let double fist her cards.
Dad is always giving Mom a kiss for pictures and Mom always rolls her eyes.
Late nights + games= laughter.
We played Nertz on many nights.  It is not Handsome Husband's favorite game so I don't get to play it very often.  I loved it!
Mom is getting ready to throw down a card.
Ruthann and Stefanie were my biggest competitors.
The Youngest even joined in a few times.
Playing Nertz is such a big part of the holidays for my family!

4 comments:

Scott and Katy Adams said...

Nertz is a family tradition with us as well, that and Scum. My sister always dominates though....

Cpt Naykid said...

Really? An entire post dedicated to Nertz?

Alright, it is time I come out with it. Equally as much as you distaste the card game Hearts, I equally detest Nertz. The whole process of the game isn't enjoyable. I used to play because it was the only way to interact with your family on those nights. Then I had a good night and I got into it, I was actually your competition. But everyone complained about my noises and reactions. Then next night I went back to my previous approach and found again how I detested the game again. Therefore I didn't play after that.

Cpt Naykid said...

And if my family were to play Hearts, I don't think you would join in.

Kym said...

you used my real name! i'm now going to have people come kidnap me!
love the youngest