Friday, December 10, 2010

Ballerina's Dress Rehearsal

Ballerina has been practicing at her dance class all semester.She was so cute at her dress rehearsal. Here she is being a wind up doll, waiting to be wound.
She moved her arms in jerky motions as if she were a music box doll.
She did not smile very much.
The theme of the recital is The Polar Express. Here they are sneaking downstairs to see presents.
Now they are in their robes, getting ready to get on the Polar Express.
They sang a song about Cocoa to the tune of the Sugar Plum Fairy.
Then they pretended to do a taffy pull. Ballerina has the taffy wrapped around her waist. This is one of her favorite parts of the recital.
One of my favorite songs they danced to was "Hot Chocolate" from the Polar Express movie.
They sang Jingle Bells as Santa's Elves.
Ballerina was totally surprised to see Santa come on stage as part of the rehearsal. She loved it. She loves Santa.Then Ballerina got to dance with just one other girl on stage, kind of showcased. And she was so graceful!
She is turning into such a beautiful dancer. It was fun to see the improvement she has made.
The last number they danced in these adorable white dresses. Ballerina has a great curtsy.
She is very proud of her curtsy and says it is what she does best.
Her actual recital is on her birthday, this coming Tuesday. So fun! I'm sure I will take more pictures and hopefully I will be in a better seat!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your pictures are fabulous! She looks like a great dancer. How fun!

Grandma J said...

OK...next year I HAVE to come to watch her dance!! Are you going to take video of her recital?? She is such a beautiful ballerina...and her teacher is AMAZING, the cosumes are so cute!!

Cpt Naykid said...

Looks like more motivation to get your parents to move out here!

Looks like a great recital. I am excited for tomorrow to watch it. Maybe I shouldn't have seen these pics because I know more about it. But I know I'll love it. Seeing her in that massive night gown makes me think of Ballerina as a pioneer.

These pics really accentuate how beautiful she is. Truly gorgeous! She also makes a cute elf!

After seeing these pics, props, etc, I can see why you like driving her out there. It is very well done!