Friday, December 10, 2010

Santa Claus

A few days ago we went to the mall with Jeana and her kids. Ballerina and Ben were insistent that they wanted to wait in the almost hour long line to talk to Santa. Cpt. Adorable was pretty crazy by the end of that hour. But they were so excited to finally talk to Santa in the end. I didn't get any pictures because I am NOT paying $30 for a picture that I could probably take just as well. But it was SO cute because both Sweetie and Ballerina sat on Santa's knee at the same time and when Santa asked what they wanted for Christmas, Ballerina said, "A Pillow Pet Unicorn." And Sweetie said, "A Dolphin [Pillow Pet]." Captain Adorable didn't want to sit on Santa's knee. He just liked staring.

Today, after Ballerina's dance rehearsal, our Primary had a Pizza with Santa activity. Ballerina was SO excited and waited in line again. She really wanted to give him a picture she had colored like the other kids were doing. And then she sat on his knee and I just snapped away. After a little bit of talking she warmed up a little.
What did she ask for this time? A Pillow Pet unicorn, a Barbie and glow-in-the-dark star stickers.
I was sad that Sweetie wasn't there because I'm sure I would have gotten equally as cute pictures of her with Santa.
(Incidentally, this Santa happens to be Ballerina's great-uncle)

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

Harry makes a good Santa. I think Ballerina knows these Santa's aren't the real ones. She loves imagining things so much that she just enjoys everyone playing along. However, I could see her being the most disappointed someday in learning the truth.