Monday, December 13, 2010

"Mom? Are you happy?"

One day Sweetie was sitting next to me and she sighed and said, "I'm so glad you're happy."

Sweetie likes people to be happy. She likes things to be smooth sailing. So her newest daily question to me is, "Mom? Are you happy?" Sometimes the question comes in other forms like: "You're not mad, Mommy? You're happy?" Sometimes she will put a reassuring hand on my arm or shoulder while she asks. One time she told a friend, "Don't talk to my mom, her's mad." And I wasn't mad at all! I must be upset a lot in her mind because she's always asking.

When she asks if I'm happy and I say that I am, Sweetie gets smiley, happy and she often sighs with contentment. She tends to ask if she is not sure if I'm stressed out or not. She is such a sensitive little girl.

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

well...there are times...you can be a little scary/intense :)

Yes, Sweetie is definitel the sweetest little girl I know. I love that she enjoys giving me hugs. When I am upset or having high expectations, sometimes she will slowly approach me with arms wide for a hug. Yea...that definitely melts me and helps me see the big picture. She is a true blessing in our family.