I finally reached my goal weight. I have been wearing my goal jeans for at least a month now and those last 1-2 pounds were hanging on with a vengeance. I kind of gave up on losing them and figured I was close enough, so my eating habits haven't been that great (just finished off a little bowl of Tillamook ice cream-- Udderly Chocolate, yum!). But now my goal jeans need to be hiked up every so often and if I wanted to I might be able to fit in a size SIX! I'm not sure how, but it seems like those last couple of pounds left my hips even without my diet. Woohoo! I need to post a picture at some point.
So I know that everyone is wondering what I am doing with all my spare time (snort). I'm glad you asked. I just finished reading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I LOVED the Hunger Games series. You must read it. Even Handsome Husband has enjoyed the first book (we listened to it on our road trip to Utah at the end of September). I finally finished a wedding video from July (the bride wanted an extra song and that took a while for me to complete since I started babysitting Babydoll and had to put together a photo montage for Stef's wedding and had to shoot Stef's wedding). I have uploaded the footage for Stef's wedding and after I get a good night's sleep I will start editing that. For the past 4 or 5 nights I haven't gotten my butt in bed before 1:45am. I know. I am in.sane. Last night I went grocery shopping (it was a good week for groceries. I spent $45 and saved $75) with Jeana from 9-10pm (we go most Monday nights). Afterwards I stayed up late balancing my budget and finding out that we've already spent all our money this month. I caught up on blogs I hadn't read yet. And I watched a ton of Taylor Swift music videos because of a comment on my sister's Facebook page. Isn't that awesome? The night before that Jeana and I stayed up late updating her blog with pictures I'd taken and watching a chick flick via my Wii and Netflix.
I have also been taking friends' family pictures. It has gotten me excited about the idea of starting a photography business. Jeana even helped me come up with a business name which I will reveal when I have a website. But I keep telling myself that I need to finish Stefanie's wedding video before I get that all set up. But seriously, check it out!
This is M and her family. She made this cute bib (with a tie sewed on) for her baby and I told her I'd pay her to make one for me. She said that she would make me one if I would take pictures of her boy. Done deal. Of course, it took us forever to come up with a time for taking the pictures. I've had that bib for months and it is adorable. She is really crafty and has agreed to make cute hat props for baby pictures in exchange for photography. M is the one that I threw that cowboy baby shower for last year and Jeana and I are throwing a Sugar and Spice shower for her next month. :)
Don't hate me because I have beautiful friends. I loved all the fun candids I got. You never would have guessed that her husband hates getting pictures taken!
This is J and family. I took a picture for them last year and it was a total nightmare. We're talking indoor, flash, Christmas tree growing out of someone's head, lots of photoshopping faces... I was really surprised that she called me up and requested that I take pictures for her again this year.
We actually tried two times. The first time it was SUPER overcast and dark and wet. The second time the light was GORGEOUS and SO worth the second trip. All these are from that second shoot. And J insisted on paying me, so it was my first paying shoot! :)

And this is L, who agreed to give me a shot at taking her maternity pictures.
The only problem was the weather. It was raining, so I just took a few on her front porch. I still need to schedule a real shoot so I can get the shots I was hoping for. I anticipate that they will turn out much better.
I guess the good news is she will have more of a belly once we shoot the pictures again.
And I'm REALLY excited to take my friend's newborn baby's pictures. As soon as she has him... Haha! These are just the most recent things. I have also taken some individual pictures of my nieces and nephews and my own children in the past. I am so excited about this. I am saving up money I'm making from babysitting Babydoll for a new camera. And Handsome Husband is pretty supportive, he is all poised to make me a spreadsheet and help me properly account for the finances of a photography business. I will definitely let you know when I have a website up. And if anyone has any tips on my photography I am all ears. I am sorely aware of my lack of education and my need to learn how to better navigate my editing software. But I am learning! And so far it seems like some people like my work. :)
6 comments:
that's awesome Erika!
And I love hearing that you & Jeana are having so much fun together and lots of late nights creating. (The shopping trip idea is brilliant.)
yes, everyone loves your pictures! I haven't heard any negative comments yet.
I know you are always busy on the computer, but 1 am consistently? I don't know how you deal with kids after that.
I know your photo business will provide some great opportunities. Now it is time for me to make a monthly spreadsheet. Here we go!
love you!
Good luck girl!! My Sis-in-law has her own business like this. I think you're off to a great start. Beautiful shots!!
Do you need songs for my vid? Or do you need me to send some. You pretty much have to do mine and Tayler's song. haha. Then by Brad Paisley. My only for sure request.
You're an awesome photog :)
So awesome!! Photography is the best business for moms! Especially skinny ones... haha. ;D
Check out this lady's website. One of her posts was about what she does to get good shots and I really liked it (my favorite piece of advice was to ask kids to laugh (not smile) when you take their pic). You sound crazy/busy!!
Post a Comment