Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

We carved our pumpkins for Family Home Evening.Handsome Husband opened up the pumpkins and enlisted the children in cleaning out the innards.Ballerina did not want to touch the slimy insides.Ben didn't have a problem with that.
Sweetie tried pulling the insides out with her hands.She preferred using a spoon, though.Captain Adorable was SO excited about the pumpkins. He was squealing and laughing and just so happy!Handsome Husband came up with this idea:So Gabby needed to try it.Captain Adorable LOVED playing with the pumpkin.He liked sticking the spoon in and out, trying to do whatever it was everyone else had been doing. He even got a little taste of pumpkin.Jeana tried putting Gabby INSIDE the pumpkin.
Captain Adorable, helping daddy carve the pumpkin.
I had to grab my camera and snap this shot with Ballerina wearing the cute witch hat.
The kids loved watching the carving.
This was Handsome Husband's masterpiece. He was so excited about his design this year.Ballerina is so cute.
Later, I carved my pumpkin. Handsome Husband always makes sure I have a pumpkin to carve every year. And every year I choose some elaborate design and find out that I have no patience for carving. I practically bend the cheap pumpkin knife in my haste to get through the tough skin.
And there you have it. Our pumpkins. Of course, we saved some pumpkin guts to add to Handsome Husband's pumpkin for Halloween day.

2 comments:

Grandma J said...

WOW!! It looks like you had so MUCH FUN!! The photos are great...I almost feel like I was there!! The pumpkins turned out fabulous...you are both so creative!! and I loved how involved Cpt Adorable was and how excited he got! The photos of Ballerina's face when she touched to pumpkin guts are hilarious!! I hope you have a Happy Halloween...your package should arrive today!!

Cpt Naykid said...

pumpkin carving was great. Ballerina is definitely not a fan of getting dirty or slimy. I couldn't see her face when that happened, so the pics are great.

Cpt A did not want to watch pumpkin carving...he wanted to DO pumpkin carving. He loves being involved.

I showed some coworkers our pumpkin pic and they all loved yours.