Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Playmates

We spend time with the Nunez's every day now that they live in our neighborhood. I take the kids to their house in the morning and watch the little ones while Jeana drives the oldest two to school (they are in the same class at school). I go home to put Captain Adorable and Babydoll down for naps. I do my morning routine during their naps. After their naps, we all hang out or we go somewhere. Yesterday we took the kids to a pizza play place. Then I pick the big kids up from school while Jeana watches the little ones. We hang out at Jeana's until Babydoll's mom comes to pick her up. Jeana has a putting green in her back yard. A putting green.
Ballerina and Ben were having a great time trying to assemble the play structure, making it into a house.
I end up going home to put Captain Adorable down for a nap and get dinner ready. Sometimes the kids stay and play if they are being good. If we haven't seen them for a few hours, Sweetie will run up to Landon and say, "Wandon!" and give him a big hug. She calls him her best friend.
We have had dinner together three or four times already. Last night we had family home evening together. One morning Jeana took all the kids except Babydoll while I showered (Babydoll was napping). I returned the favor the next day (she kept Gabby). We decided that we must do that at least once a week. Since we live so close we will end up keeping one extra kid to give the other mom a break and then just walk them home if things are getting crazy. She watched the kids for me so I could go to an eye doctor appointment. We have gone shopping, to the water park, to normal parks... Landon is now in Sweetie's preschool so two mornings a week we only have the littlest ones to worry about.
Photobucket
Things can get really loud and stressful, especially when the kids are tired and need a break. But I have to say that I LOVE this! I feel like I'm getting all sorts of adult interaction. I'm getting little breaks throughout the day. I have spent so much less time with the computer because I have a friend to hang out with instead. Of course, I still need to get a wedding video edited, so I'll have to schedule that in. But it has been so wonderful, having best friends for neighbors.
Photobucket
p.s. Captain Adorable face planted on a toy box, hence the scratches across his nose.

3 comments:

V said...

Wow that would be amazing to have a friend that you are so comfortable with, who lives so close by.
It's wonderful to that your kids have the same schedule so you can carpool together. What a great life!

Cpt Naykid said...

Wow, Cpt A makes Gabby seem like a munchkin. He is growing quick.

Sweetie has watched Ballerina have close cousins and playmates. I think Sweetie really enjoys having someone her age and size to play with whenever she wants.

I am glad that you have found a schedule that includes some breaks, adult time, and activities. I know it adds more to your day, but the structure can also be very liberating. Having another adult also helps break the monotony with good discussions.

Having them nearby is a great blessing. It is a good thing they are social and get us out of our house :)

Stephanie said...

I'm jealous. I don't know my neighbors very well, so I decided to throw a party to get to know them. Only one person has RSVP-ed and they said no. :( I guess it takes time...