Sunday, October 31, 2010

Caramel Apples & Halloween

When we were at the pumpkin patch there were caramel apples for sale. We decided to make our own. So right after the Trunk or Treat we did.The kids had fun decorating them. It was super easy to do and it was nice to know that we were giving them fun memories with minimal effort!
Jeana helps Landon cover his apple.
Sweetie and her sweet tooth. She just wanted to eat the caramel and candies off the apple.
Yum. The caramel ended up sliding right off the apples. We'll have to try something else next year.
On Halloween day we had church and I had the Primary children sing Christmas songs on Halloween! :) After church Handsome Husband helped the girls make a house out of wafers. It collapsed in right before I snapped the picture which is why Ballerina is pouting.
She really has a talent for pouting.
Sweetie was excited to sample the house. Both girls love these wafers. Sweetie calls them ice cream cones. Ballerina calls them the yellow ones with two long sides and two short sides.
Because Halloween fell on Sunday we didn't Trick or Treat in the neighborhood. But if you had come Trick or Treating to our house this is what you would have seen:
This was Ballerina's idea. The girls were SO excited to hand out candy. They would beckon trick or treaters shouting, "We have candy! We have the kind you like! Come here!" If the trick or treaters were on the other side of the street and didn't come Sweetie would groan "Oooohhhh!" disappointedly.
Ballerina would shout, "We have..." then she'd turn to Handsome Husband and ask what candy she was holding. Then she'd shout, "Butterfinger!" And she'd do that with all the kinds of candy in the bucket. I brought them grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner, so they had dinner while passing out candy. They had a blast and never even asked for their costumes or to go Trick or Treating. Captain Adorable came out and joined in the fun for a while as well, wearing his warm body suit. It was a fun Halloween.

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

I don't care to do caramel apples in the future. No one ate them.

Too bad there is no photo evidence of how cool that house was before it fell over. I had a thought to take a quick pic, but pushed it away thinking it would last....oops.

I love how excited Ballerina was to hand out candy. It was one of my favorite Halloween experiences of all time to see her advertise the candy. Whenever she purchases candy, she loves to share it. I am glad she enjoys sharings special things with others.