While driving Ballerina home from school a few times she has mentioned the desire to draw a picture and write about her miracle. So, being the record keeper that I am, I pounced on the idea and bought her an inexpensive journal. I now encourage her to draw a little picture and narrate it and I'll write what she says. She is very excited about it. What I wouldn't give to be able to read a journal like that from when I was five! Ballerina calls it her field journal (thank you Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue). These are some of her entries. They are too cute, I couldn't choose just one. And please excuse mine and Handsome Husband's bad handwriting, we type more than we write these days and it shows.


Ok, to pre-empt this one, we had flu shots yesterday. Well, Ballerina and Sweetie got the flu mist, Cpt A and I got the shot. Sweetie was pretty good about it, but Ballerina screamed even though she wasn't getting a shot. I think she's just scared of all medical things these days. Anyway, she got a fever today and I think it was because of the flu vaccine(I'm hoping it's not another kidney infection) and I had to go get her from school.
This one is random:


I also bought a journal for Sweetie and she was very happy to get it. I like hers because it has an unlined area for drawing and the writing guides. Ballerina didn't want that kind. Anyway, Sweetie doesn't try to draw about what has actually happened to her, but she has been drawing our family quite a bit. I love that we look like aliens.

Sweetie really likes the part where I write what she says. I think it makes her feel very important. So now she will have a record from age 3 1/2! Of course, hers is more about her drawings, but still. She is all about emotions and people being sad. 



1 comment:
I love the journal entries by the girls (I don't think they made one yesterday, while Ballerina is home can you help her with one?). Maybe we can do journal writing for FHE or something.
I love her interpretations of the drawing. Fabulous.
Wow, according to Sweetie, my head is MASSIVE...hehe. It will be fun to watch her drawings grow and change.
Post a Comment