Friday, November 26, 2010

Ruthann

Ruthann and I got up at 4am to hit the sales for Black Friday. WalMart was depressing. Since their sales started at midnight, nothing was left. We had better luck at Target. I really wanted to get a new Tag pen for Sweetie since she uses hers all the time and the new ones hold more books. They had then on sale for $25 as opposed to the regular $40. We got there an hour after it opened and the pens were all gone. We had to wait in a super long line to buy other things and I found a Tag pen that someone had discarded on an end cap!!! I was sooo excited I literally hugged the box.

We also ran to Children's Place, Pac Sun, Famous Footwear, Burlington Coat Factory, Fred Meyer, American Eagle, Aeropostle, and some other mall stores. We didn't get home until almost 4pm and we were totally exhausted! I bought some new jeans from AE and it's nice to have jeans that fit! I haven't bought a size that small since high school! I am basically the same size I was when Handsome Husband and I were dating. Ruthann tried to make me a believer in the skinny jean, but I have never really liked that look. And I don't really have the legs for it. She says that I need to try Gap jeans, but I don't think that would help sway my opinion. (she was bummed that there wasn't a Gap close by so she could take advantage of their 50% off sale) I also bought some new brown boots that I can tuck my new jeans into. Handsome Husband likes boots.

It was fun to go shopping with Ruthann. I also made sure to fit in a photo shoot or two with her while she was in town. You can see more pictures on my Glimpses blog.
Ruthann loves her little nieces and nephew. She's a wonderful aunt.Photobucket

3 comments:

StefanieJinelle said...

hahahhaa. i like that last picture.

V said...

Wow, you two are intense shoppers. 4am to 4pm...I'd die. lol. Fun to be together as sisters though.

Cpt Naykid said...

Yes, you look great in boots. Still can't believe you guys shopped for 12 hours! Insane!

It was nice seeing "Ann Ruffan" again. Contrary to believe, I really do enjoy being around her, her humor, and talking with her.

What kind of coloring did you use on the last pic? I like the pic, and the coloring looks king of oil painting-esc or something.