Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jeana!

To help Jeana celebrate her "29th" birthday we went out to eat at Red Robin's for lunch. Landon is giving her eskimo kisses.
Whenever we go out to eat, the only thing Sweetie eats is french fries. She calls them "fre' fries." So I didn't even order her anything, she just shared my fries.
Captain Adorable chowed down on some cantaloupe.Don't you love how they have you wear balloons for your birthday? Not embarrassing at all.
And I love it when places give you free ice cream for your birthday.
If you want to draw a lot of attention when you go places, take 5 kids under the age of 4 (or 7 kids when the older ones are out of school). We ALWAYS get comments. Good thing Babydoll (remember how I am still babysitting her?) is so good when we are out places. She just drifted off for me.
I made Jeana a funfetti cake, too busy to make anything exciting.
The weekend before, we babysat their kids overnight so Fernando could surprise Jeana with a night away. It's really nice to give that option to them and to anticipate some reciprocation!! I am sooo glad that Jeana moved here and that we get to spend so much time together and help keep each other sane with all our little ones! I love the late night shopping runs, the smoothies and random outings. I love having another mom watching my kids when I go out on dates with Handsome Husband and returning to a house cleaner than I left it. I love having another adult to talk to during the day. I love being able to leave my kids with Jeana when I need to run to an appointment and being able to return the favor. I love being able to send my kids over to play or the fact that I want to go "play" as much as the kids do. It can get crazy sometimes, so I love being able to just walk home if the kids have had enough of each other. I love sharing meals and jewelry and clothes with Jeana. Happy Birthday, Jeana! I love having you as my best friend!

3 comments:

Jeana said...

Thanks SO much Erika for helping make my b-day so great! It was so fun to be so close to actually get to celebrate it with YOU this time and not just talk to you on the phone like before...You not only made me a birthday cake but also cooked me one of my favorite dishes for dinner with out even realizing it at the time. :) I LOVE everything about being so super close to my best friend!!! I love all the pictures. Thanks for capturing the day, and even more being such a big part of the day! I am so lucky to have you!!! love ya girl :)

Cpt Naykid said...

Happy b-day to Jeana!

You look really pretty in the pic with Cpt A. Amazing eyes!

Wow going out with that many kids is crazy...you could just wait for dinner and include me :) just a thought

rachel said...

You make me miss my best friend in AZ!! So glad you're having fun!