Jeana and I threw a baby shower for my friend, M. We had some awesome inspiration that made it so exciting to plan and decorate for her baby girl.

M's sister made the cake. Didn't she do such an incredible job??


We made brownie pops for favors and just because they were so cute.
We made sure there was LOTS of sugar.
We totally scored when we found the strawberry Whoppers so we could make them match.
M requested this and it was SO tasty.
I absolutely loved the idea of having the three different flavors of milk to coordinate with the colors.
My friend J made the banner, food signs and the circles for the centerpieces. She is so talented.
I just love how the centerpieces came together. The round circles are for each person to write advice or give well wishes. Then when the shower was over, I tied them all together with a ribbon as her guest book. M told me about the idea and I loved it. And aren't the brownie pops the cutest things ever? Jeana, M and another friend helped make them. M's husband actually cooked the brownies for us with his own special non-box recipe so we would have super moist brownies. They were delicious, we had plenty left over even after having some take more than one. My girls were very excited to get a brownie pop that night.
I also have to mention that M helped a lot. She came up with the idea of the pink squares for the centerpieces and she made them. She bought a lot of the ribbon, some of the centerpiece supplies and some of the food. She felt bad that I was throwing another shower for her since I'd thrown her son's shower last summer (2009) so she wanted to help a lot. I probably shouldn't have let her, but she is fun to hang out with and this was a good excuse for that. :)This was just the beginning of the gifts.



Writing on the circles from the centerpiece.

This is M's sister that made the cake.

M's niece was very helpful. She stayed and helped wash dishes afterward. She also counted the people who attended for me because M didn't believe that many people would show up.


Opening presents! This was pretty much a clothes shower, she received so many cute outfits!


Enjoying a brownie pop.


We hung up the outfits she received on three different clothesline ribbons. They were pretty full by the end of the shower!



I really enjoyed throwing M's shower. It is so fun to make a beautiful environment to celebrate with friends. I really wanted it to be classy and with the help of some awesome friends, we were able to pull it off. I have decided that it would be much easier to focus on capturing things with my camera if I am not hosting a shower at the same time, though. But if things don't work out with my photography business I just might take up event coordinating...

And here is the mother-to-be.


Writing on the circles from the centerpiece.
This is M's sister that made the cake.
M's niece was very helpful. She stayed and helped wash dishes afterward. She also counted the people who attended for me because M didn't believe that many people would show up.

We made everyone introduce themselves, tell how they knew M and say something they liked about her. Most everyone mentioned her sense of humor.
Opening presents! This was pretty much a clothes shower, she received so many cute outfits!


Enjoying a brownie pop.

We hung up the outfits she received on three different clothesline ribbons. They were pretty full by the end of the shower!


I really enjoyed throwing M's shower. It is so fun to make a beautiful environment to celebrate with friends. I really wanted it to be classy and with the help of some awesome friends, we were able to pull it off. I have decided that it would be much easier to focus on capturing things with my camera if I am not hosting a shower at the same time, though. But if things don't work out with my photography business I just might take up event coordinating...
2 comments:
I absolutely LOVE how these pictures and how everything turned out. You did amazing from behind the scenes and behind the lens! I love how you captured it all so perfectly. It is great to have such a talented best friend!
The party looked like a blast. The colors and decor turned out great. When I first say the label for "pumpkin crisp," I at first thought it said "pumpkin crap"! haha!
That is a serious amount of pics.
Glad it went so well, you received a lot of praise and it looks like you had a blast.
Post a Comment