Monday, October 25, 2010

Sweetie's Preschool: 3 Little Pigs

This is my first rotation teaching Sweetie's preschool. I was pretty nervous about it and I completely dreaded it.But I didn't have anything to worry about. This is a great group of kids. They get along pretty well and they are fairly mellow.
Jeana took the babies while I taught preschool and that was really nice. We had lots of free play, but I read them The Three Little Pigs story. And then had them act it out.
I tried to have the kids build houses of straw (chow mien noodles), sticks (pretzel sticks) and bricks (creme wafers), using peanut butter as mortar. The project totally flopped. It kept them entertained for about 2 minutes.These were my sample houses:
We also watched some short cartoon versions of the Three Little Pigs. We had coloring time for those who wanted to color. The last thing we did was singing time. I pulled out the ribbon sticks and bells that I use during Primary singing time. I taught them "I'm a Mean Old Witch" song, I pulled out some Halloween props. And we did the Bear Hunt song. The Bear Hunt was the favorite of the day. Sweetie loved it.

Teaching preschool should be a piece of cake. Sweetie was so excited to have her friends at her house. She was so cute and happy about it.

2 comments:

V said...

Good job! Sounds really entertaining to me.

The boy in the navy blue shirt is really tall!

Cpt Naykid said...

In hind sight, sounds like the mean old witch and bear hunt were the hot items.

This pre-school group is a lot more laid back, and I am glad that you are still wanting to do lessons and teach things. I know the kids appreciate that.