I don't know if it mentioned it, but I felt like one of the reasons I wasn't supposed to homeschool Ballerina was for Sweetie's sake. And in the month that Ballerina has been at school, I have noticed Sweetie interacting more with Captain Adorable because he isn't "Ballerina's toy" anymore. Sweetie has also been talking SO MUCH more since Ballerina has been in school. I truly feel like it was the Spirit whispering to me one of the reasons that homeschooling wasn't right for our family right now. Even though I wanted homeschooling to be right for us.Ballerina wanted to feed Captain Adorable his bottle like she used to when he was tiny. But he wouldn't lie still for her.
But I'm posting about this:
(side story: Ballerina found this picture in a photo book and started crying because he was so cute! The girl emotions have begun! She sometimes cries because other people are crying and I just hold her and tell her that it is ok to cry and it's just part of being a girl)
But I'm posting about this:
(side story: Ballerina found this picture in a photo book and started crying because he was so cute! The girl emotions have begun! She sometimes cries because other people are crying and I just hold her and tell her that it is ok to cry and it's just part of being a girl)The cute baby boy, one year later, LOVES his blankie!

Sweetie loves dinosaurs and she is always pretending with them. Handsome Husband made sure she had a good stock of them to play with.
Sweetie also loves her blankie. She used to walk with hers up above her head when she first started walking.
Sweetie still carries her blankie around quite a bit, but if we tell her she doesn't need it or that she needs to leave it in the car she is ok without it.



Notice Ballerina has covered herself in a blanket, pretending to be a ghost.
I love how Captain Adorable's little body bends as he walks. He is now walking more than he is crawling, but he's still pretty wobbly. I just can't believe how HAPPY it makes me to watch him walk. Seeing your children grow and achieve things just brings an incredible amount of joy.
And watching them play together also brings happiness.
I love my blankie babies.




2 comments:
Nice catch of Sweetie and Cpt A! I love some of your candid abilities.
Wow, massive growth difference in a year next to his blanket. When people visit and watch Cpt A with his blanket, they always oo and ah with how cute he is with it. I love how he tackles and crawls with his face on it.
I must confess, that even though I would have used the pacifier more, I fully support your blanket method and think it is better. The only worry with Cpt A is what damage he will do by chewing on it.
Looked like the kids had a pajama party!
The "blankie" baby must be an inherited trait since you were one of my most avid blankie babies! Very cute photos of Sweetie and Cpt A with their blankies. I think I remember my mom telling me I had a blankie and that I call it my "lovie", you'll have to ask her! Cuz her memory is probably better than mine, ha!!
Post a Comment