Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sweetie's Preschool: Halloween

Sweetie wanted to be Snow White for Halloween. I couldn't figure out why since she never watches Snow White. At one point when I asked her what she wanted to be she said Hello Kitty. Then I realized that when she watches Hello Kitty from Netflix, her favorite episode is Snow White Kitty. I was so excited to find a Hello Kitty costume on Craigslist. And we happened to have a Snow White dress up outfit that fits perfectly over it. So Sweetie is Snow White Kitty from Hello Kitty.I asked the kids to dress up in their costumes for preschool today. Landon is a little devil. Jeana said it is the perfect costume for him because it summarizes what his 3rd year has been like.
They wanted a picture with the pumpkins.
I had the kids make candy mold lollipops. They are in the shape of pumpkins. The kids had their snacks on Halloween napkins.
Sweetie was so funny. She called the boy in the Spiderman costume "Spiderman" the whole time, instead of calling him by name. And when she saw the little girl in her Snow White costume, Sweetie said, "You are Snow White just like me!"
The kids were so excited to see each other in their costumes. I even wore my costume, but didn't get a picture. I borrowed one of Jeana's costumes: a red devil costume.
These kids had no concept of staying in line. I had them hold on to a long piece of twine in order to try and get them in some kind of line.We walked down the sidewalk (they were staring at a school bus pass by)
Photobucket
and knocked on Jeana's door to practice Trick Or Treating.
I tried to get a picture of them coming back, but they were running toward me. So these were the best I got.
I read a few Halloween books to the kids. We made hand print spiders and only one kid (Landon) let me make a footprint ghost. They colored some pumpkin pictures. And the big event at the end was going on a Bear Hunt again. The kids had a great time and so did I. I just love Halloween.

2 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

These are SUCH ADORABLE photos :) Thank you for sharing!

Cpt Naykid said...

Looks like a good pre-school group. Looks like you have some real quiet ones. Glad that they all participated in getting dressed up.