Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Muscles and Random Pics

We went to the library to get books and Ballerina found this little cubby hole to hide in.Ballerina has a fascination with muscles. She often asks how many muscles someone has. Most often the question goes, "Does he have 100 muscles??" She was really interested in super heroes for a while there and she wanted to know if Superman had more muscles than Batman. She asks, "Does Superman have 1 million muscles??!?! More muscles than Daddy???" And she says it in a very excited voice, drawing out the last word. If I say that she is strong she will say, "Yeah, I have 100 muscles," in a very matter-of-fact tone. I wonder if she's going to be interested in someone who has lots of muscles when she grows up?On another note, Captain Adorable really enjoys Babydoll. He has learned the sign for nice because I say it and sign it every time he tries to whap the baby in the face or stick his thumb in her mouth.
We took the kids to the mall and Captain Adorable was really interested in this big beaver by the kids' play area. He kept coming over to it and looking at it.
Jeana is excellent at making sure to read to the kids. That is basically the only homework that Ben and Ballerina have: being read to 15 minutes a day. Sweetie and Landon enjoy getting in on the story, too.They like that little book. Apparently the kindergartners were read the Spanish version at school so they liked hearing the English version at home.
Ballerina likes learning Spanish. She says, "Do you know? I know some Spanish words." She will then repeat a few phrases, "Hola, como estas? Muy bien, gracious. E usted?" (I'm not sure on the spelling) Then I'll ask her what those words mean and she doesn't know. But she knows how to say them, for the most part. She told me that Spanish class is boring since she doesn't know what they are saying. But she and Ben sing little Spanish songs here and there. There is one about chocolate. Hahaha, she also sings a song about the days of the week to the tune of the Addams Family. She sang it for me in English and says that they sing it in Spanish as well, but she didn't know the words well enough.

I am getting her tested for the gifted program because I'm one of THOSE parents. Hahaha! Actually, I was in gifted programs in grade school and I really enjoyed them, so I thought I'd see if she qualified for them as well. She's pretty smart and creative, I feel.

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

I am just glad she thinks I am amazingly strong....love that girl.

Nice, giftetd programs! I was never bright enough, but when I saw the cool things the kids got to do, I was always highly jealous.