We used mason jars for the beverage glasses and served ice water and cherry limeade. It was very rewarding to get the compliments on the decorations because I put a lot of effort into trying to pull this off! It is SOO hard to find anything cowboy these days! Everything is all about pirates... I was too busy to take more pictures of the decorations, but it was cute.
I used my chocolate fountain, a friend of mine brought the fruit. We also served a veggie platter and chips and salsa. There was supposed to be a 7 layer bean dip, but that fell through...
I also strung up a little banner out of rope with a few red bandanas, a cow onesie and a little 6-9 month shirt with a bull on it that said "In charge."
Another friend made these cute favors with western shaped chocolates wrapped in paisley printed cloth.
I was SO busy! I did not sit for more than 10 minutes all morning, getting everything ready. I did get to sit during present opening, but then I was moving a ton afterward the party was over, cleaning! Handsome Husband was great and helped SO much before hand and took the girls out shopping during the shower. We went to a wedding reception that night and we both zonked out when we got home! What a BUSY day!
6 comments:
Ok, that cake is so cute!!! I so want to find a reason to make it. LOL Way to go, I am very impressed!!!! I might have to steal your idea sometime.
What a great idea:) You are so creative. I love the cake and the drink idea is brilliant!
What can I say you are brilliant. The cake turned out AMAZING! Too bad I can't hire you to do my baby shower... :) I so wish I could throw one for you with your legacy 1st Boy in the Grave family! I am so excited for you!!!
Hook me up with a cake. Kthanks.
Your cake is amazing! You are very talented and I love you!
Stellar job on decor honey! I really think you go overboard on these things, but everyone appreciated them.
You are an amazing artist and when you really get into something you are AWESOOOOME at it!
Love you!
Post a Comment