Thursday, June 25, 2009

Operation: Beautify Backyard

Handsome Husband has been itching to do something with our backyard. It's tiny and hard to envision much, but he's asked me multiple times to draw up plans so he can work on it, little by little. So we started with this little space- he'd already removed all the grass and leveled it:
I wanted a little brick area for our grill and gravel with stepping stones. Here's how it looks so far:
We still need to add the stepping stones. I really want to have the girls make one each with their hand prints. They were SO excited about all the little rocks, especially Sweetie.
We'll have a great time trying to KEEP the rocks in one area.
This is Baby Dragon's pouty stance: hands on hips, frown on face.LOOK at that belly button! Soooo cute!
The girls tried all sorts of different ways to play with the rocks. They layed in them and put them on their backs.
And they put them up and down their shirts. Crazy children!

8 comments:

StefanieJinelle said...

Just so you know, me and Sweetie have the same belly button right now. We're probably related somehow :)

Emmy said...

Who knew rocks could be so much fun :)
Cute pictures

V said...

What a fun backyard!! You are really creative. You've made a great space.

When we were growing up my mom would always remind us to "Bloom where we are planted" (ie make the most of our circumstances) and your yard is really blooming!

StefanieJinelle said...

I have a present for you on my blog :)

StefanieJinelle said...

Sorry this is my 3rd and final comment but EVERY TIME I see this. I crave the rocks.

Erika said...

You mean, you want to EAT the rocks? Whoa, there's got to be some imbalance there.

StefanieJinelle said...

Probably but it's not like eating them it's like the taste of them that I imagine. Ha.

The Three Musketeers and their Mommy said...

Oh, my boys would have way too much fun in those rocks! It looks great! You look awesome Erika! And I love all the "daddy days" you did. That is so sweet!