Thursday, June 18, 2009

Daddy Days 4

Today was SO crazy. I took the girls on our walk at the library duck ponds. Then I picked up 30 pounds of strawberries. I made frozen yogurt and strawberry shortcake and froze bags of strawberries. Then rushed out the door with the girls to my midwife appointment. It's always so stressful to take them with me, but it was necessary this time. Baby Dragon was HYPER and wouldn't sit STILL, but the midwife let her "help" with the doppler thingee to hear Cpt. Adorable's heartbeat. Sweetie was happy because they gave her some books to flip through. Then we rushed off to my aunt Abra's house, I dropped off Sweetie and I took Baby Dragon to a research focus group where she earned $20 to sit and watch TV ads for 30 minutes and put an X by the pictures of which toys she liked best (before and after the ads). She told me she had fun. We also got a free game of Disney DVD Bingo which looks like it'll be fun. (I had thought she'd be PLAYING with a TOY, not watching TV. I was somewhat appeased to get the free game) So then we headed back to Abra's where Handsome Husband had arrived since he'd hitched a ride home with my uncle. Abra served us dinner (I brought the strawberry shortcake) and gave us a ton of "cast off" apple decor and other things, including a dresser for Cpt. Adorable. We always feel very blessed by her generosity! By the time we got home Baby Dragon was sleeping in the back seat and Sweetie was ready for bed! Whew!

So, Daddy Days seemed to be a little on the back burner, but I did give Handsome Husband these notes:

I love to play tricks on Daddy and he plays tricks on me. Love, Baby Dragon (4)

I love when you make eggs or breakfast burritos in the morning. You are a great breakfast chef! Love, Mommy

I love snuggling on the couch with you to watch a movie. Love, Sweetie (2)

His treat was a Twix bar. And the strawberry shortcake. :)

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Busy day for you.
How in the world did you ever hear about that research opportunity? The question will remain to see how many things she is asking for now today ;)

Erika said...

My uncle told us about the company and we signed up. They call us occasionally for random studies. Handsome Husband has done one and now Baby Dragon has done one. I haven't been available to do any yet.

Cpt Naykid said...

Thanks for making all the strawberry yummies! I love having that massive storage that we can eat on everything!