We are starting our first annual Daddy Days. I got the idea from my friend, Samurai Mom(although she calls it Husband Appreciation Days and she does it before Valentine's Day). So to get ready the girls helped me make this banner (they colored it- Sweetie recognized the letter D without my prompting!). I was going to call it Daddy Appreciation Days, but that seemed like a lot of letters... So we went for simplicity.
"I like to give Daddy hugs and Eskimo kisses and kisses and butterfly kisses."
"I love when Daddy tickles me." Love, Sweetie (2)
We had a yummy dinner of Tortilla Chicken Soup and some garden salad, which is a big deal since I'm not the best at getting dinner done recently.
To complete Daddy Days we give him a small gift or treat each day. Yesterday I made him a chocolate chip cookie cake. I tried piping a message on it, but it was still hot (we were feeding the missionaries and they needed to get going so I couldn't wait for it to cool), so it melted. It says "We (heart) Dad."
I tend to try to start new traditions and Handsome Husband sometimes balks at that. Not sure why, maybe he doesn't like the idea of HAVING to keep doing it every year. But he wasn't complaining about this tradition! He was surprised because I didn't tell him anything about it before he came home.
5 comments:
What a great idea!! Captain's lucky. =)
What a cute idea! And I love that sign!
Huzzah! I love appreciation days spreading across the land!
Can your family start the tradition of Stefanie Appreciation Week? I'm the favorite aunt. We must remember this. :] ha.
Me? balk at tradition? Never heard of it :)
This week has been very special and so fun to come home to unexpected surprises. You are a wonderful companion and I love you so much.
BD and Sweetie love the crafts, and I love the result! You are amazingly creative, and amazily wonderful!
Love you!
Post a Comment