Saturday, July 10, 2010

Oaks Park

We went to Oaks Park for Handsome Husband's work party this year. It was a hot day so we were all lathered up with sunscreen. Handsome Husband won a prize from the raffle drawing. It was a Trailblazers shirt and a pair of tickets to a preseason game.This was the first ride we tried. It's kind of like the tea cups ride. The girls were really excited to try it.
Notice how Sweetie's face is not so happy in this picture. The ride had just started.
She was crying to get off the whole time. She is not a fan of spinning and G forces.
But Sweetie LOVED the big slide. Both girls did. We did this one the most.The girls had fun choosing which color slide they wanted to go down.
Sweetie always rode on one of our laps.
We tore the kids away so that we could ride the train.
It was Captain Adorable's first ride of the day and his first train ride ever.
Handsome Husband really wanted to go ride the adult roller coaster, so I took the kids to ride the carousel. Captain Adorable rode a kangaroo on the carousel with me. Then the girls rode an airplane ride. We had to convince Sweetie to get on, she was wary.
And she didn't like it.
Handsome Husband took Ballerina to ride on the kiddie roller coaster.
Ballerina really surprised me. She wanted to ride every ride. She was up for it all. When she rode the roller coaster she hunkered down really close to Handsome Husband. But when she got to choose her last ride of the day she voted to ride the roller coaster a second time.
Sweetie and I checked out the funny mirrors while waiting for them to ride.
Captain Adorable took a nap while we waited in line for the girls to get their faces painted.
Well, Sweetie sat and colored while I stood in line.
We waited 45 minutes, but the girls were adamant that they wanted their faces painted. They had no problem waiting for it. It actually provided some nice down time in the shade. Ballerina wanted a butterfly face.Sweetie loved watching, which doesn't surprise me since she loves to watch me color.
I think it turned out pretty well.
Handsome Husband and Captain Adorable hung out in the grass to wait once Capt. A woke up.
Sweetie didn't want a kitty face or butterflies or flowers. She wanted a dinosaur.
When she opens her mouth, so does the dinosaur. She LOVED it.
We headed back for more rides and of COURSE we hit the slide.
Sweetie and I looking down from the top.
There was a skating rink at Oaks Park and Ballerina REALLY wanted to try roller skating. Sweetie made it one time around the rink with Handsome Husband and then she was done.
Ballerina would have skated longer, but we wanted to go do rides and she would need a lot more practice to be able to skate on her own.
Sweetie was excited when she saw this chipmunk. She gave him a hug.
Captain Adorable got to ride one more ride. It was kind of like a mine cart ride and we all went together. Sweetie really like that one. It was REALLY lame. Ballerina and I went on a balloon ride where you can make the bucket spin and it goes up high. We were there for five hours and it was HOT. We kept pouring water on ourselves. It gave us an idea of what a day at Disneyland might be like, although I'm sure the lines at Oaks Park are WAY shorter. The girls did a really good job waiting for the rides. When we got to the car Sweetie told me that she wanted to take a nap. She was tuckered out! She fell asleep immediately. We had such a fun time.

5 comments:

Cpt Naykid said...

Thanks for coming! I enjoyed it! It was definitely hot, but the water made it more bearable. I had not seen some of these pics, so it was fun to look through. I never saw the squirrel.

Disneyland will be a great trip...someday :)

Summer said...

Holy cow- what a fun place!!! You got some GORGEOUS pictures. (Helps that your kids are just breathtaking!)

I love the facepainting pics- my daughter just asked me to paint a butterfly like she saw at a fair Sat, but I had no idea what she meant- now I get it! I'll have to try the dino idea- so cute!!!

Erika said...

Thanks so much Summer. :) Just a tip on face paint, the lady said she just used normal tempera paint with a little olive oil mixed in. :)

Scott and Katy Adams said...

That is some awesome face painting!

Jeana said...

Looks like a fun day...prepping you for our Disney trip we WILL take at some point in the future. :) I love all the awesome pictures with your new lens!!