Each day was three hours long, so I had a big chunk of time with just Captain Adorable and it just happened to be during his nap time! Oh, the quiet! Haha! I went to get my blood drawn to test my thyroid levels, I went to Barnes and Noble's to browse books (Capt A fell asleep on my shoulder), I went to The Shutterbug store and got a little lesson on using different features of my camera and that was just the first day! I came back a little early to watch.


Sweetie was having a hard time with sitting and waiting for her turn. Then when it was her turn she had a hard time following directions.
But she was loving it.
Until it was time for her to sit down. She started crying, saying that they weren't sharing with her. So they ended up bringing her out to me. The teacher said that she thought that Sweetie might be too young (she's 3 1/2 and the class was advertised for ages 3-10). She said that I could think about it... Kind of suggesting that I not bring her back. How could I do that and still let Ballerina go?? I called a friend who used to teach gymnastics to kids and she said that since it was just for 3 days to bring her and just have a good talk with her about following directions. So that's what we did. I guess Sweetie ended up just watching everyone for the majority of the classes. Ballerina was loving it and she wanted to show me the dances she was learning.
During the 2nd day I came home, put Captain Adorable down for a nap and spent the whole time working on a wedding video that I'm putting together. I went back early to see how Sweetie was doing and she was just holding on to the instructor's hand, so she came out to me as soon as I arrived and played with Captain Adorable.
The last day I went home again during their class. They had a little recital for the parents.
Sweetie was the first to come out for each number. She would run across the floor to the other side in her cute little costume and then sit and watch the dances with us. Then she'd be the last to leave, amid our applause at her cuteness. I didn't get pictures of Sweetie in her costumes and I really wish I did because she was too stinking cute. But I got video. Ballerina did pretty well with the dances. She was really good at the cheer number.
So aside from the drama with Sweetie "being too young" the girls had a great time at their dance camp. Ballerina especially loved it.
2 comments:
My wedding video ;) Baha. Jk. Probably not. Which reminds me. When Tayer is in town I'll have to e-mail you pictures of me growing up and him growing up so you can get started on ours.
I haven't seen these pics yet, I love how excited Sweetie looks. The one with Ballerina doing the cheer looks like her arm is dislocated...must have your flexibility!
Interesting to see the girls next to each other and their body types. Sweetie will likely get thinner as she gets older. Ballerina looks quite graceful and built well for dance. I am glad she likes it.
Post a Comment