Friday, July 16, 2010

First Harvest

We picked some peas from our garden today. I picked the peas, handed them to Sweetie and she put it in the bowl that Ballerina was holding. Captain Adorable sat on the grass, gumming a pea pod. I popped one open and gave a pea to each girl. Ballerina was a little skeptical, but after she tasted one she was very excited and talked about how yummy they are. They are especially excited for the green beans to be ready for picking.
Ballerina loved popping the pods open and finding out how big the peas were. I didn't realize how many pea pods you need in order to make enough peas for the whole family! We might need to plant MORE pea plants next year if we decide to do peas again.

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

Yes, the peas were scrumptious. But the bean plants produce tons of beans compared to the pea plants. So we'll have to see.

The beans might be large enough now to pick more of them :)