Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lunch in the Park

First, I have to share this picture of Sweetie feeding Cpt. Adorable. She asked to feed him and he lay in her lap just long enough for me to snap the picture before he crawled off.During the summer, there are a few parks in our area that host free lunches for kids ages 0-18 Monday through Friday. The food is paid for by the US Department of Agriculture Summer Food program, so I figure that as tax payers we can participate. We go at least once a week, but we should go more often. It has been particularly fun to go this summer because at least two or three friends have been there every time. I don't know if you can tell in this picture, but I cut Sweetie's hair today. She is handing me a dandelion (that splotch of yellow by her chin).
Would you believe how tall the trees are and how tiny Ballerina and her friend S look?
We stayed for two hours today and the girls just ran and played and had a blast.
Captain Adorable crawled in the grass and got totally dirty.
My friend Summer was trying to help him kick a soccer ball.
She loves playing with Captain Adorable.
Like I said, we need to go more often.

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

Sticks and boys...inseparable...just a part of life :).

Sweetie is always so interested and afraid of creatures at the same time. This morning I killed a spider and she was so excited and talked about it for a while. Whenever Ballerina has an opportunity, she loves to watch bugs, even if she squirms afterwards for how gross they are. Too funny.