Monday, July 12, 2010

Eleven Months Old!

Only one month until my little baby turns ONE!! I love him so much! I think that the crawling stage is one of my favorite stages ever. A crawling baby is SOOO cute. :) And Captain Adorable is so raring to go, he reminds me of a wind up toy when I set him down on all fours. He hardly touches the ground and off he goes. Ballerina likes to pick him up and move him if she thinks that he is getting into something he shouldn't. She also likes to take him into a room and close the door and tell me that she is babysitting him. Captain Adorable doesn't seem to mind.
Captain Adorable is getting so mobile and quick. He is always trying to get into the fridge any time it is opened. He pulls up to things all the time. Sometimes he pulls up on my chair right behind me. Handsome Husband says that Captain Adorable cruised across a couple of chairs at church yesterday. He likes to stick every little thing in his mouth. I found a little sugar ant in the drool on his face once. He likes to pull cords that are plugged in. He pulled a hand mixer off the counter and it just missed him.

Just a few days ago, Captain Adorable played his first game of ball with me. I almost cried, I was so excited. He just sat across from me with his ball and pushed it towards me and waited expectantly for me to push it back. So we played ball for a while. He LOVES playing with a ball! This is probably the first real big difference I've noticed between having a boy baby (aside from diaper changes, of course). My girls just weren't so interested in playing ball. Captain Adorable will push one and chase it all over the house. He sits up with the ball in his hands and then tries to set it down and push it forward with both hands. Then he's off chasing it. And he makes funny boyish breathing noises, almost growling as he crawls.

Sometimes he randomly wakes up crying in the middle of the night, like he is mad. Whenever I go in he is sitting up, just crying and he wants me to rock him for a minute and lay him back down. I wonder if he has bad dreams? It's probably a little early for that.

He drinks about four 6oz bottles a day and he loves solid foods. Still no teeth. Captain Adorable is very good at entertaining himself. He loves watching his sisters. He likes to grab their hair. Sweetie really doesn't like that. Ballerina is more patient about it. When I'm holding him when he's tired, he likes to reach out and touch my face. He's not really into snuggling, so I take what I can get. He does want to be held when he's tired, but he doesn't normally want to be cuddled. When he's tired he sometimes says, "nigh, nigh" over and over. I like to think he's saying "Night, night" because I say that to him when I lie him down. But I don't know if that's really what he means or if he's just babbling. He also dives into his blanket and buries his face in it when he's sleepy.

Whenever I take him to the car, he's always trying to grab my car keys so he can suck on them. He's pretty good about being in the car or being in his stroller. He only complains if he's been sitting for too long.

Captain Adorable is an independent little dude. He likes doing his own thing and he likes to watch what other people are doing. And he likes to do those things with a full tummy.

4 comments:

Out-Island Explorers said...

Aww-- he sounds like a sweetheart. I can't believe he's almost one already and that Emit is right behind him. It's so neat to see how each baby can be sooo different. I can't imagine a world without balls all over the place right now, and that's funny to hear that the girls never really played with them. I'll bet it is fun to see things from both perspectives.

Out-Island Explorers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeana said...

So crazy that your baby is almost 1 where does the time go??? He is such a fun boy... I am looking forward to the dolls and dress up and you are ecstatic about the balls...oh how our lives parallel! :) He is such a handsome boy! I just LOVE his smile!!

Cpt Naykid said...

Love that boy! Out of the typical boy choices, I am glad he has chosen balls over cars. I love how active he is, yet how patient and willing he is to watch and learn. I hope he keeps those qualities :)