Friday, October 30, 2009

Visiting Daddy's Work

Handsome Husband's work does a little trick or treat thing around Halloween every year. So Stefanie and I took the girls there. But we got there at lunch time and no one was in the office. Handsome Husband suggested that we take the Max light rail to the mall and grab lunch. The girls LOVED riding on the train. I got them Happy Meals with chocolate milk. But I didn't grab straws. Sweetie spilled a little, which is to be expected. But Baby Dragon DRENCHED her shirt with it. And it was her favorite new off-white Big Sister shirt. I was too upset to get a picture. We had to stop by a store to find a new shirt for her. Luckily, Gymboree had a Big Sister shirt for only $5! Tender mercies, tender mercies. Here's Baby Dragon in her new shirt:
My Little Ponies were the Happy Meal toys and the girls were REALLY happy about that.
So after getting the new shirt and riding the Max back to Handsome Husband's work, we dressed the girls up in their costumes. I recently bought the Queen of Hearts dress for 40% off for next year, but Baby Dragon was in love with it. I had planned on her being a bride since my mom gave her that really pretty costume, but she was too in love with the new Queen of Hearts dress. Hopefully she'll wear it again next year when we do an Alice in Wonderland theme. The only reason Sweetie kept her knight costume on was because we told her she wouldn't get any candy if she wasn't dressed up.
The girls were very good about saying Trick or Treat. If someone said that Baby Dragon was a princess she'd say, "No, I'm a QUEEN." She said, "I'm the heart of Queens." If someone asked Sweetie what she was she'd say that she was a queen, too. Sweetie was REALLY excited about the candy and she wanted to eat each piece as we got it. She's a real fan of tootsie rolls. At one office she was jabbering on and on about how she's been getting candy.

2 comments:

StefanieJinelle said...

My favorite is when Sweetie would say "Trick or Treat... Thank youuuuuuuuu." (:

Cpt Naykid said...

The kids definitely charmed my co-workers. I hear a lot about how beautiful my family is. Thanks for helping me create such a wonderful family honey!

I enjoyed showing them off.