Monday, October 5, 2009

Zoo

Baby Dragon's preschool had a field trip to the Zoo. I came along with Sweetie and Captain Adorable. We also brought one of Baby Dragon's preschool friends (curly blonde) because her mom couldn't come. When I was unloading the kids another mom in the parking lot said, "You have FOUR!" I explained that 3 were mine and the 4th was a friend. She said, "I thought I was crazy for bringing two!" I definitely had my stressful moments, like the time I had to strap Sweetie in the stroller because she wasn't staying near me and she screamed and screamed. I'd ask her a question and try to point out something to distract her and in a screaming cry she'd say she didn't like it. She finally calmed down when she had some crackers. Then at the end of the trip she threw another screaming tantrum b/c she was tired. I was surprised that it was Sweetie who was being difficult. But she is dangerously close to turning three and three is my least favorite age thus far.
Cougars!
I love Baby Dragon's face. She was not interested in pictures.
Polar Bear! Polar Bears are Handsome Husband's favorite animals. When he and I were dating he was always giving me white teddy bears. So polar bears are cool.
Captain Adorable's first stroller ride. He was a fan. He pretty much slept the whole 3 hours that we were there, either in the stroller or the Moby Wrap.
The elephants are always a must see. We didn't get to see the baby elephant, though.
The kids had a great time climbing on these sculptures.
The lion exhibit is new and it's AWESOME! There were three lions sunning on the rock.
The cheetahs were cool.
There was a fun exhibit for the kids to crawl through. Baby Dragon and her friends were crawling around saying, "Squeak, squeak, squeak."
Sweetie liked the climbing part.
Here's a cool lizard that was trying to attack the kids.
Zebra.
Phew! It was a long day.

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Yes, you are brave! And I completely agree, three is worse than 2... My second is almost three and I am not looking forward to it.

Bonnie said...

Your zoo looks like a really cool one:) I'm glad over all you had a good time.

Cpt Naykid said...

Observations:
-in the first pic, BD looks likes she only has one hand. That coat is still large on her.
-talk about large! Bd is quite tall for her age, but her blonde friend just makes her look like a dwarf! Especially when all three are on the stone thing together.
-Yes, not looking forward to Sweetie being 3, but she seems a little more even tempered and we are more consistent and stronger as parents, so it should be as bad.
-Dude, I am so jealous you saw polar bears! they truly are awesome animals!
-BD, more classic expressions. I can't believe that she started scowling so young...
-nice lion exhibit!
-excellent pics honey!
- Yes, you are very brave to dare 4 kids at the zoo! All under 5! It gets easier as they get older. But wow, to handle that much "brain damage." Impressive.