Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Children's Museum

We met up with friends at the Children's Museum. We get the free cultural pass from the library. Here Baby Dragon and her friend K are playing in the new dig pit:
Sweetie had a great time with her grocery cart fruit. She has started to become very possessive. She gets upset if another kid starts to play with something that she thinks is hers. Another sign of the Terrible Threes (she'll be 3 in January).
The kids loved playing on the stage with the musical instruments.
And getting dressed up.
I love how Sweetie has to stand on her tip toes to reach the mic.
We saved the water area for last because the kids always get soaked.
Sweetie was sucking the water off her hands like Baby Dragon used to do.
Captain Adorable was really good. He rode in the stroller or in the Moby Wrap.
That purple thing is my nursing shawl. He obviously doesn't quite have enough body control for the stroller, but Sweetie still rides in it.
Sucking the water again.
We were at the museum for about 3 hours. Sweetie fell asleep almost immediately when we got in the car. It wasn't too stressful to go there since Captain Adorable is still pretty easy to care for. I think it'll be more difficult when he gets older, sleeps less and wants to move around more.

2 comments:

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

That is the most fun place for a kid to explore! Captain Adorable is getting so big!! Cutie!

Cpt Naykid said...

I agree, the children's museum to a children's paradies. We should definitely go more often, but I understand your reservation with having three kids. It is a headache and challenging. My mom liked taking us, partially for the fun of it, but mostly because we were always so tired and quiet afterwards. She liked the aftermath. haha!

On another note, I am glad our children are pretty healthy. It makes me cringe to see Valery drinking that water! Oh the germs!

Sheesh, I am such a dad!