Monday, October 12, 2009

"Picnit"

Baby Dragon found our picnic blanket and decided that we needed to have a "picnit." She went to the trouble of spreading the blanket out on the floor of MY ROOM. No idea why she felt that my room was the place for our picnic, but it was where she wanted it.
She even put pumpkins in the middle as a centerpiece, lined stuffed animals along the edge, and put cookies in the middle for our dessert.
Captain Adorable was pretty chipper about it.
Baby Dragon insisted on sandwiches. So I made them and we brought them upstairs for our lunch.
I insisted on adding apples.
Baby Dragon pretended that she was the mom and Sweetie, Cpt. A and I were her "sons." She still doesn't get the gender differences.
After food, the girls found a box that was much too small for both of them to fit in. But they did it anyway.
Then Baby Dragon insisted that we sit and watch her dance moves.
She got annoyed when Sweetie wanted to dance as well (which involved lots of running around in circles).
They tried dancing together.
It didn't go so well (notice BD's face).
They ended up taking turns. One would dance and the other would clap when they wanted their turn.
Sweetie was much more patient and let Baby Dragon dance for longer periods of time. Baby Dragon got upset when Sweetie wouldn't stop dancing when Baby Dragon clapped.
She wasn't being very nice to Sweetie.
So in the end, Baby Dragon ended up throwing a massive tantrum. She locked herself in my room and screamed and cried for AT LEAST 15 minutes. She finally came downstairs when she'd cooled off. Sometimes I can't handle that child.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

So cute! I love that she came up with the centerpiece idea:)

Emmy said...

What a fun picnic!
And the end part, well it just made me smile and feel good that it isn't just my kids :)
Totally something my kids would do

Cpt Naykid said...

Sounds like I missed out on a great party...I guess missing the end wasn't too bad though :)

I think these tantrums have been happening less, which is nice. I look forward to not having them at all.

Looks like you guys went all out for your picnic. I think BD wanted it upstairs in our room because we have the floor space and she doesn't spend much time there, therefore making it special. If you ever have a break in the colder, cloudy weather, the girls would love to have that picnic outside. Just mentioning giong outside makes them giddy!