Monday, October 12, 2009

Captain Adorable is 2 Months Old!

Captain Adorable has become a little chubby boy! He weighed 10 pounds, 10 ounces at his 2 month check up. He LOVES to eat. He nurses pretty much every 2-3 hours. Thank goodness he only takes 30 minutes to eat instead of an hour now. Nursing isn't a struggle anymore, we just had to fix his latch.
He smiles, coos and gurgles. Although sometimes it's a challenge to get him to do it. I just love it when he goos. He doesn't like to make eye contact, especially when he's tired. He still sleeps the majority of the day, although he won't fall asleep on me unless I've nursed him to sleep. It looks like he won't be one of those kids that can fall asleep anywhere. Darn it. One of his favorite places to sleep is in his swing. He also loves to be strapped on to me in the Moby Wrap and he will fall asleep in it pretty much every time. I always put him in it when I'm out running errands. It's wonderful because I have both hands free and he is almost always content in it. I can also feed him a bottle in it while still keeping one hand free. The other day I was brave and took all three kids out to 5 different places (flu shot clinic- the girls got the mist- and stores) for about 3 hours. The kids did surprisingly well.
Captain Adorable is a noisy little boy. Handsome Husband and I say that he makes elephant noises. He grunts and stretches a lot. He also grunts while nursing. I love picking him up when he's arching his back with his legs tucked in and his arms outstretched. It's SO cute! Especially because he has such short arms that his hands just barely reach above his head. And I love his fuzzy little head. The back of his neck is the perfect place for kisses. He likes to be laid down. He doesn't seem to be one for snuggling all that much. He might be fussing at me and I'll try holding him all sorts of different ways and it won't be until I lie him down that he'll be happy. He is tolerant of Baby Dragon and her incessant kisses. He doesn't really enjoy when she holds him, but she does try. She LOVES him so much. She's always trying to talk to him and tells me that he gave her his first smiles. This is what happens when I lay him down:
I found him with star stickers on his head, courtesy of his sisters.
Tonight Captain Adorable cried it out for the first time. He only cried for about 20-25 minutes and then he slept. He was so tired, it was obvious that he just needed to fall asleep. Handsome Husband tried rocking him and singing to him, but Cpt. A just cried. So I had no problems letting him cry it out in his crib. I could tell he was getting tired after about 5 minutes. I can tell I am a seasoned mother now, since I can handle hearing my baby cry.
I am pretty proud of Captain Adorable. Neither of the girls were sleeping in their crib at two months old. I wasn't planning to let him cry it out so soon, but when he sleeps in bed with me he just wants to nurse ALL NIGHT LONG. This keeps me awake. Which makes me grouchy. It is nice that he seems to enjoy his crib. The past few nights he's slept in it and only wakes up once (around 3am) to nurse. We still swaddle him to help him stay asleep, otherwise he tends to startle himself awake.

4 comments:

Emmy said...

You are so lucky!! At 2 months old my kids were sleeping in their own crib for sure, but definitely waking up more than once to nurse.

Out-Island Explorers said...

That's great!! We'll be letting Emit cry it out very soon too... none of us are sleeping well right now.

Cpt Naykid said...

Congrats Capt. A in sleeping so well! This is definitley a record in our house for having a baby sleep so well, so soon, and in his crib! I definitely doesn't seem as attached to us as the girls were. That could be a boy thing or probably just her personality. He seems like he may even be more independent then Sweetie. Which has its pros and cons.

Overall he seems a fairly calm and pretty solid character. It is very interesting that he will sometimes prefer to lay down than to be held. That is so foreign to us. But it also helps in getting things done and taking care of the other kids. When it is just me and the three girls out in march, his independence will be a blessing!

V said...

happy 2-month birthday Capt A! He is sleeping wonderfully. Where did you get the head wedge?