Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

For Family Home Evening we carved our pumpkin. Handsome Husband did the gutting. The girls did not enjoy the smell of the pumpkin.
Handsome Husband tried to get Sweetie to taste the pulp.
Demonstration.
I don't think so, Dad.
Sweetie was very interested in the whole process.
I stepped in the carve the pumpkin.
"Oooooo, scary!"
Sweetie wanted to sit on my lap while I carved. I think she thought she was going to get a turn with the knife!
Here's the finished product. The big pumpkin is eating the little pumpkins. We got the design from Family Fun magazine.
Sweetie dislodging a pumpkin.
Sweetie is so proud of herself! The kids LOVED the pumpkin.
Baby Dragon especially liked putting the battery candle in the pumpkin and turning out the lights.

4 comments:

Emmy said...

What a great idea! we just might have to steal it :) We haven't carved our pumpkins yet.

Summer said...

Why can't I find my October Family Fun issue? This is the second mention of it that has made me wish I knew where it was...

What a cute idea!!!

Love the pics- haha!

Cpt Naykid said...

Very good job on the carving honey. I think this one turned out to be our best pumpkin yet! Truly.

I love the pics of Sweetie and her faces, your description of her is quite fitting. She loves to watch very carefully. She can be very intense with her observations. BD enjoyed watching, but was more excited in the end product and showing off her faces.

Very enjoyable FHE (except for all the whining....sheesh)

rachel said...

I love your pumpkin eating the little ones! I was bummed when I went to the Disney Rewards website to order the Family Fun magazine and it wasn't available! If I had a blog there would be a picture of Ryan using his reciprocating (jigsaw) saw to carve our pumpkins! Only Ryan!